Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those whose husbands make 6 figures...Serious Post...please don't bash me ETA:Location

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 181 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm curious as to what they do and how they got their job? We'd be good if hubby could make $50k-$75k/yr. Right now between the two of us we might make that much, but that includes me working two part time jobs while going to school and taking care of the kids during the day. My hubby is a government certified welder; he welds government truck bodies. It is a dead end job. He makes $15/hr and has had one raise in the 5 years I've known him. He works 45 minutes away and is just miserable. He wants a new job, but recently admitted he wants to keep welding (I always thought he wanted to drive truck but I guess not lol). It would be awesome if he could find a job that would better support us so I could keep staying home until we are done having kids and all the kids are in school (I had at one time wanted to homeschool also, but financially I don't think we'll be able to do it). 

I am genuinely interested in what your hubbys do to make so much. I know he could be making more and he wants to, but we don't know where to look really.

ETA: We live in South Central Minnesota if that helps any...

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Bump I have no clue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hubby is a software architect/ developer for a large corporation.  His college background was Electrical Engineering.

mkh615
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM

DH was working at Houghton-MIfflin in Boston but then when publishing went in the toilet, we moved back home to PA and he started going to Penn Law school. He just graduated in May and started his job as an associate at a large firm in Sept 2012.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a welder for a fire sprinkler company. He makes enough for me to stay home. If he wants to make bank he could go to school and learn how to do underwater welding. They make ALOT of money. Or he could make sure he is certified and find a better job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I would suggest getting a degree if he doesn't have one already. He can do classes online in his spare time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM
16 moms liked this

Ummmm, My husband doesn't make 6 figures, but I do.

mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My hubby is an electrical engineer with a Master of Science in electrical and computer engineering. He designs cell phone antennas.. he has worked for Apple and now he's working for Google.. 

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Insurance agent. You don't need a
college education but it helps! You really just need to be licensed and know your stuff, and know how to sell. First few years are rough though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM
My hubby does not but my dad does. He is a CPA and specializes in doing audits for Indian Reservations. Right now he works for a Reservation preparing their taxes and audits and such.
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
He has many security clearances and works in intelligence with the DoD. I don't know exactly what he does.

When I return to work I will be making six figures. I have my MSN/CRNA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured