Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just realized we can't afford Christmas...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

I did all the math on our bills over $1000 due this month most overdue. My daughter is 3 and learned about Santa this year at school, and my son is 1 and doesn't no better so I'm thinking I'll just say Santa forgot? I don't know what to. We already cut back on everything and were still drowning. We don't qualify for any PA, because of my husbands unemployment and the vaule of my car. I can barely keep food on the table. I can't sell my car cause its the only one we have and it's not worth that much. We're both looking for jobs but can't find any. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM
5 moms liked this

angel tree, toys for tots, church donations, local charity groups

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM

For food contact a local food bank.

For Christmas contact a church and see if they have an angel tree.

Do you have family who will get her presents?  Explain to her that Santa will be bringing her presents to grandma's or Aunts house.  Fortunately even if that doesn't pan out kids aren't calendar oriented and if you don't make a big deal at home she likely won't know the 25th of December is upon us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
5 moms liked this
I will be glad when Christmas is over this shit is gething OLD!!!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I would sell whatever I could to raise $30 bucks. You can buy one really nice gift or several whatever type gifts. I would never say Santa forgot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
So many familie have flat out skipped christmas the last few years. Don't feel bad. It happens. Look into toys for tots or if its really important to you (I know I have issues with "failing" my kids) do it in january...or have a half christmas next july!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't spend $5 at the Dollar store?
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah, let's get back to abortion and "dh is cheating" because those aren't getting old at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh dear god how many broke people are on cafemom and how many times do we need To hear about it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this
People are allowed moments of panic. No one said you had to read every post about people christmas woes

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM
You only receive UE and you don't qualify for ANY pa? In what states do they count your car against you? You can't get a couple dollar store things? Trade something on Craigslist, do an odd job off Craigslist, pawn stuff, check into local charities. Call 211
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)