Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just realized we can't afford Christmas...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I did all the math on our bills over $1000 due this month most overdue. My daughter is 3 and learned about Santa this year at school, and my son is 1 and doesn't no better so I'm thinking I'll just say Santa forgot? I don't know what to. We already cut back on everything and were still drowning. We don't qualify for any PA, because of my husbands unemployment and the vaule of my car. I can barely keep food on the table. I can't sell my car cause its the only one we have and it's not worth that much. We're both looking for jobs but can't find any. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
mariesmama
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Sell plasma, pawn your wedding ring, whatever. Walgreens has toys that are 3 for $14. They have cool things like Disney Princess backpacks full of art supplies and dolls and tea sets and such. Could easily give both kids a nice Christmas with the proceeds of one plasma donation.

yes walgreens my 3 yr old dd would love the tiara and shoe sets there 3 for 13 and they have 3 different styles

TarantulaTress
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM
All if the above.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

angel tree, toys for tots, church donations, local charity groups

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

So sorry mama. It's a tough situation, I know. We aren't having presents at our house either. Just do your best to make it as special as you can.

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I would sell anything I could to make sure my kids have Christmas. 10$ at the dollar tree is 5 toys each.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Well first the value of ur car has nothing to do with qulifiying for pa. Nice try though
queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Get rid of your Internet service! Use that money on your kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

But then bitching about tax returns will be soon

Quoting Anonymous:

I will be glad when Christmas is over this shit is gething OLD!!!

sheilao409
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

donate plasma , local Church's will help too

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM

that isnt true... where i am locals are just starting now and through local groups, they always accept people

Quoting Anonymous:

Most if not all of those are done by Thanksgiving and after that don't accept anyone :'(

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

angel tree, toys for tots, church donations, local charity groups

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Why the hell don't people plan ahead a little and buy stuff here and there months in advance???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)