Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non-believers going into a Christian post just to bash

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do you do it?  To argue?  To cause drama and be entertained?  To try to see if the person will stop believing or practicing their faith?  I'm just confused as to why a Christian post would even interest you if it isn't something you believe?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

That's cool. I sometimes answer posts about religion but I don't do it to bash. I try to add something of substance.

Quoting Anonymous:

No.  I would have nothing helpful to add there so I don't even open them.  

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't...but have you ever checked out the atheist posts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

If someone made a post about the Unicorn they had  a chat with this afternoon I'd go into that post to let them know they're stupid and crazy, too.

Why is Bahai or Allah or Jesus off limits?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Non would be a prefix for not. Believer, in this case would be those who believe in god. So, non-believer would mean one who does not believe in god. ( christian god)

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell is a non-believer?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's mature. So pretty much you are admitting you like to bully people just because you think they are too much of a Jesus freak. Yet you spew your pro choice crap all the time and get your panties in a wad when someone disagrees with it. Gotcha.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I usually steer clear of them, occasionally I comment, just to be a bitch and start drama. I usually only do that on the super obnoxious jesus freak posts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I don't do that because I do not care what you believe. It doesn't make a difference to me.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Threatened? How so?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because they feel threatened by a God that "doesn't exist".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Not just Christians, also Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists. Don't just target Christians.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell is a non-believer?

To a Christian, it's one who doesn't believe as a Christian does.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Another possibility (and I know I will hear from some of you about it lol) is that they are seeking God, perhaps even unconsciously, because even though they don't want to believe they are inexorably drawn to Christian (or religious in general) discussion.

I know this is true at least with some of them because it was true for me. I used to be one of those Christian bashers, if you can believe it. So, even if you do get bashed, dont stop having those discussions because you never know who is listening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Normally I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I guess for the same reason Christians post just to bait non-believers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured