Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Non-believers going into a Christian post just to bash

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do you do it?  To argue?  To cause drama and be entertained?  To try to see if the person will stop believing or practicing their faith?  I'm just confused as to why a Christian post would even interest you if it isn't something you believe?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
mariesmama
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

i've actually had this happen to me my hubbys grandma was in the hospital so i asked for prayer some moron said she was praying to satan for healing which doesnt even make sense

Depending on her beliefs, it might make perfect sense and might have been a genuine offer to help you in the best way she knew how. While you have one perception of Satan, she may have a completely different one.

satan does not heal he cares for nobody but himself this is why it makes no sense

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Well at least your honest.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I usually steer clear of them, occasionally I comment, just to be a bitch and start drama. I usually only do that on the super obnoxious jesus freak posts.

-Rachelmomof1
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I don't know why, but this literally made me lol. I needed that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Non-believer in Christianity.  I thought since I had the term "Chrisianity" in my title following the term "non-believer" that this would be self explanatory.  Did you think I was asking why non-believers in the Easter Bunny come into a Christian post to bash?

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell is a non-believer?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

i've actually had this happen to me my hubbys grandma was in the hospital so i asked for prayer some moron said she was praying to satan for healing which doesnt even make sense

Depending on her beliefs, it might make perfect sense and might have been a genuine offer to help you in the best way she knew how. While you have one perception of Satan, she may have a completely different one.

satan does not heal he cares for nobody but himself this is why it makes no sense

"Satan does not heal" is not a factual statement, it is an opinon based on your perception of Satan due to your religious teachings. She may believe something completely different than you do. Did you ask her if she believes that satan heals, or did you just assume that she has the same beliefs that you do?

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I don't understand it either.  I guess you would call me a non-believer, in your sense.  I'm a believer, but in what I find to be my truth.

Personally, I don't really give a crap about what others believe in.  The only part of Christianity that I feel strongly about is that I dislike Paul.  A lot.

Katt709
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM
for me it's like a train wreck- I just can't stop. I just don't know how people can believe in such obvious fantasy. So I have to read bc I want to get some insight. But then all I see is such things as god is great. But I never see any reasons as to why. Atleast none that can't be explained by reason and logic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

So most of you will admit it is to start drama.  Because if someone made a post that said "need help with my Dyson vacuum" people wouldn't respond "I don't have a Dyson vacuum".  Or maybe only the ones that just have to respond to whatever for no reason at all.

mariesmama
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

"Satan does not heal" is not a factual statement, it is an opinon based on your perception of Satan due to your religious teachings. She may believe something completely different than you do. Did you ask her if she believes that satan heals, or did you just assume that she has the same beliefs that you do?

satans job is to keep people from beleiving in god and jesus sure he'll heal you all he wants in return is your soul um no

mariesmama
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Katt709:

for me it's like a train wreck- I just can't stop. I just don't know how people can believe in such obvious fantasy. So I have to read bc I want to get some insight. But then all I see is such things as god is great. But I never see any reasons as to why. Atleast none that can't be explained by reason and logic.

simple God is great can you make a world by speaking it?or do think we evolved from apes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone made a post about the Unicorn they had  a chat with this afternoon I'd go into that post to let them know they're stupid and crazy, too.

Why is Bahai or Allah or Jesus off limits?

Are you asking why it's wrong to mock a spiritual belief of someone else?

I'm asking why we have to blindly respect beliefs that are silly....... I am certain that the OP wouldn't find it offensive to make fun of the belief in unicorns....... or ancient gods we haven't heard of in hundreds of years......

What's the harm in making fun of or bashing the more recent religious beliefs? Why are they taboo but the others aren't?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN