Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at my wits end here. wtf?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My DD who will be 4 in about a month is being a complete brat. I am having to follow her around my house because anytime I can't see her she is getting into something she shouldn't. Like my makeup or art supplies or whatever. Stuff she knows she isn't allowed to touch.

Usually I tell her to leave it alone and she does. But if I'm not there she will destroy things. Last week she took all of my glosses and smeared them all over her face my vanity and the wall and carpet. Today I was tucking her in for bed and I found some glitter glue in her room. The same glue she got in trouble for touching just 2 days ago.

I have tried a verbal reprimand. Spanking. Corner time. Taking away stuff. Nothing is working. I can't let herout of my sight for 5 minutes. Seriously what do I do? I need ideas to get her to start minding. She used to be fairly well behaved before I let her start head start and now I'm about ready to pull her from it. She has picked up so many horrible habits from there and I'm tired of it.

What can I do to make her behave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Am I seriously the only person dealing with this? I am going to start pulling out my hair.
babyksmom1019
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM
No advice, bump for ya!
. My ds is 5 and he's been the same way. I'm so frustrated it just seems to get worse with punishment. Good luck momma..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Thanks. I'm gonna need all the luck I can get. I am really starting to feel like a failure as a parent. A few days ago DD grabbed ahold of my 13 month old nephews arm and was twisting it. I don't know what he did to provoke her. Don't really care either she knows that's not the way to deal with people. When I got onto her she tried to hit me!!!! Hopefully someone can help me before things get worse.

Quoting babyksmom1019:

No advice, bump for ya!

. My ds is 5 and he's been the same way. I'm so frustrated it just seems to get worse with punishment. Good luck momma..

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM
It sounds like she just wants attention from you. This started when she started school, right? She probably misses you. It'll pass. Good luck.
AlekD
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM
It sounds like she is bored. At that at that age the best 'discipline' is a calm explanation of why they mustn't do whatever it is they were doing and then redirect them to a wholesome activity that will keep their attention. Don't make it a battle of wills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Honestly I have no idea. My 3 yr old dd does the same shit. I was on the phone with my lawyer the other day. 10 min phone call. I walked way for about 5 min because I didn't want her to catch what I was saying. I found her under my dining room table, covered in paint. She knows better, which is why she was hiding. She doesn't go to school. I don't get where or why she acts like this.
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I think the refund policy on her is expired so you can't push her back in. Make a sticker chart when she does something good she gets a sticker. When she gets x amount of stickers she gets a small prize or maybe dessert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM
It's not the school, she's just reached that phase. It might not be a bad idea to lock up the messier stuff. She'll still make messes, but a pile of books or DVDs etc. are easier to pick uo than makeup and paint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwith2monkeys
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

she is trying you, she is seeing how far she can push you. Most kids will try that. I went through it with both of my kids. Lock up the areas she isn't allow in. If she isn't allow in your art supplies then put them somewhere where it is locked away, same with your makeup. I have always had certain area of my house my kids are allowed and not allowed. They are not allowed in my bathroom or my bedroom, they are not allowed in the kitchen unless i am with them. Pick your battles put the stuff up that she isn't allowed to mess with so she can't get to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN