Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not hiring YOU!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 23 Replies
Seriously, do all people call and harass and DEMAND to be hired by all companies? Or demand to know why you won't hire them, repeatedly?

I work for a small staffing company and people just flat out amaze me. They are rude, demanding and repetitive. We mostly staff for a factory in town. People come in who absolutely CANNOT demonstrate the proper way to lift a box, even with coaching and personal demonstration. Then demand to know why we won't hire them. Hello! You're a walking accident waiting to happen!
You, ya the person who only works at jobs for 2 months and NEVER gives notice...keep going! We don't want your kind. Don't want to fill out an application completely and accurately, follow your "short term" buddy over there! 15 yr string of felonies and misdemeanors for stealing, assault and drug trafficking...not gonna happen!

Before anyone starts bitching at me, we DO employ felons. We know people need second chances and mistakes happen. We can't trust thieves who won't stop stealing or people who can't control their tempers. Our company cannot knowingly employ people who are going to be trouble and feel ok about that. We're just gonna have to replace them when something goes horribly wrong or worse, lose the client we staff for!

I've just had it with these lazy people, arrogant people and clueless people. I need a vacation!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Really?!?! No one has a rebuttal?
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Bump
Rockabye
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I agree. But what if there is no reason for them to not be hired. Do you still get irate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
If we don't hire people, there is a reason. If its because we don't have openings, we ASK them to call in once a week so that we know they're still looking for work.

Not everyone that doesn't get hired is such a pain. But, they are growing in numbers!

It's irritating to have the same people call in, after being told we can't help them and argue with us. If you're not a medical doctor, are you going to apply for doctor's positions and then demand to be hired? Threaten to "report" a business for not hiring every person that walks through the door? That's what's frustrating. If you're not qualified, you're not freaking qualified.

Quoting Rockabye:

I agree. But what if there is no reason for them to not be hired. Do you still get irate?
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I agree... although i can see if youaren't getting a job after awhile maybe wanting to find out WHY someone wont hire you but i think most of the reasons you listed are pretty obvious reasons and of course I wouldn't demand but just explain that I would like to chagne whatever I am doing wrong etc... I've never done that but I would think there is a nicer way to do it?? no

Susie19
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Take a vacation girl!!

on vacation

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
We tactfully tell people the reasons sometimes. Ex: we do employment verifications and you refuse to provide us with accurate phone numbers to do so.
Ex: you didn't disclose your felony convictions on your application.
Ex: you're unable to lift properly. (And we'll give people chances to go home and practice and return to show us)

Quoting ilovemykids323:

I agree... although i can see if youaren't getting a job after awhile maybe wanting to find out WHY someone wont hire you but i think most of the reasons you listed are pretty obvious reasons and of course I wouldn't demand but just explain that I would like to chagne whatever I am doing wrong etc... I've never done that but I would think there is a nicer way to do it?? no

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Lol
I do get a short one next week. I'm going to FL for an extended wknd to do an early Christmas with my 2 kids that live down there. I rented an entire HOUSE with a pool for my trip!

Quoting Susie19:

Take a vacation girl!!

on vacation

Susie19
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Ooooooo...that sounds Nice!!  Lucky!  I wish I could take another vacation or re-do Thanksgiving cause it really sucked!  LOL

Quoting DannieLou:

Lol
I do get a short one next week. I'm going to FL for an extended wknd to do an early Christmas with my 2 kids that live down there. I rented an entire HOUSE with a pool for my trip!

Quoting Susie19:

Take a vacation girl!!

on vacation

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM
It's a first for me! Part of the time in kicking myself in the ass for spending the money! Lol Then the other part reminds me I need to relax and this enables me to actually cook some of my babies' favorite foods while I visit.

Quoting Susie19:

Ooooooo...that sounds Nice!!  Lucky!  I wish I could take another vacation or re-do Thanksgiving cause it really sucked!  LOL

Quoting DannieLou:

Lol

Quoting Susie19:

Take a vacation girl!!

on vacation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)