Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband/boyfriend/so...

Posted by   + Show Post
Talk about problems about you two to his friends?

Df and always had access to eachothers fb and email because we are honest and have nothing to hide. Well I just logged into his email to see some tracking info for a package and I see an email from fb about him changing his password. I asked him because that's kinda suspicious. After a couple failed lies, I got the answer. He was asking his friends advice about our problems. I don't like our problems in the open like that and now I will feel uncomfortable being around his friends.

Does your so do this? How does it make you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I think EVERY person talks to SOMEONE about their problems.  I know DH has talked to his friends, and I know his friends have given both good advice and bad.  BUT, they wouldn't even be his friends if they didn't respect our relationship and me.  No matter what goes down with me and DH, they are always polite and nice to me, and they don't just toss around suggestions of divorce day in and day out.  I don't mind, b/c they know there are two sides to every story and that DH does just as much stuff to tick me off in any given day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't you talk about your problems here?  How is that any different?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Sounds like that lie got past ya

hazy999
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM
3 moms liked this
My husband would never talk about our relationship with friends or family. Ne is very private and feels a couples issues should be kept between the couple or a therapist. Getting friends and family involved can cause them to have a negative point of veiw towards the spouse.
which I agree , its a lot easier for someone to forgive their spouse than for friends and family to forgive and forget
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Funfetti.
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

No, he doesn't. 

He knows how I feel about that sort of thing, I am very private when it comes to our problems so he knows how furious I would be if he spoke to his friends about it. We talk to each other if there are problems, and we always communicate and figure things out between ourselves. 

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Yes he does talk to his friends about that stuff. I really don't see the big deal. He needs to talk to other people becides you all the time.

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Nope.

hazy999
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Sure everyone talks to someone when there is issues.... I talk to my husband
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
To me it depends..yes talk to your friends and him..however there are somethings that should be kept between the two of you.
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I think it's only natural. I vent to my friends sometimes. It actually helps me clear my thoughts and help me figure out if I'm being irrational or not.  Especially if I am hot under the collar. 

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the hubby did it too.

As long as in the end, we are both coming to each other and talk things out, I don't see a problem with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)