Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband/boyfriend/so...

Posted by   + Show Post
Talk about problems about you two to his friends?

Df and always had access to eachothers fb and email because we are honest and have nothing to hide. Well I just logged into his email to see some tracking info for a package and I see an email from fb about him changing his password. I asked him because that's kinda suspicious. After a couple failed lies, I got the answer. He was asking his friends advice about our problems. I don't like our problems in the open like that and now I will feel uncomfortable being around his friends.

Does your so do this? How does it make you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Oceana09
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I think it depends on the couple. I'd be lying if I said I didn't go to my girlfriends when I needed relationship advice.

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM
No. He will talk to his mom, but he does not ever discuss personal issues with non-family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM

No only because he's not open like that... I've tried to tell him that he & his BF (since HS) need to have "girl talk" so they can vent and get it all out. Doesn't happen

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I assume he does, just as I do. It's normal, what is not normal is not having anyone you can call a friend. I hope you find friends.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM
He has in the past, he's not very social. It's more "she's being a bitch" then "what should I do" either way it doesn't bother me, if I had close girlfriends I would do the same.
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

As long as he's not being disrespectful and making our private life public, I don't mind him going to good trusted friends for advice, thats what friends are for. Sometimes I need advice from my friends too, I never bad mouth my husband or talk about anything personal or anything he wouldn't want known, just basic advice, he's welcome to do the same.

outstandingLove
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:44 AM

The only friend my boyfriend discusses our problems with is his best friend of 10 years. I have no problem with that at all. They wouldn't be friends for this long if they hadn't of learned to stay out of each others business even when they know all about it.

I do not discuss our problems with anyone. Women are more catty then men, and often a lot more judgmental, imo.

febmom007
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM

yes all the time.. sometimes when I'm sitting in the room.. and they use Skype to call each other.. so I can hear everything they say..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM

yes he dose and he tells me honestly what they say and if what they have said helped and i also do the same if i ask a friend advice i tell him what i told her and what she thought...its normal and healthy....even if he didnt always tell me i would still be fine with it cuase every1 needs someone to talk to

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Mine is very private. But I wouldn't be offended if he asked his close friends. I ask advice from my close friends and many times they help me see HIS side of the coin. I think it's a good thing if done with good intentions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN