Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

breastfeeding in public and/ or toddlers.

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 92 Replies
5 moms liked this
When I read about women thinking bf is obscene or bf a toddler is creepy I slowly lose a little more faith in humanity and come to realize most people are completely misinformed on many things and quite frankly brainwashed narrow minded little sheep.

In my real life people are shocked to hear my 16 month old is still bf. I really don't care what people's reactions are. I don't nurse in public because I never have to. I don't run a lot of errands. But if he wanted to and I was
out I would.

Also, if this post gets a lot of replies and I don't respond it is most likely nothing personal. I might be asleep or just trying to keep up. That is all. And yes I know this post is just me complaining. I needed to vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I rarely have to nurse in public either. My little guy is 18 months old. We had a WIC appointment today and even THEY were shocked that he is still going so strong with nursing. They tried to tell me how it has "no nutritional value" at his age... the fact of the matter is, it does. And I offered them that information. 

I also don't care what people's reactions are. And yes, I, too, am losing faith in humanity as people continue to respond with shock at a breastfeeding 18 month old. What will they think in a year or two when he's still latched?? ;-)  

Shelby212302
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
The only thing I find "creepy" is when the kids can ask for the boob, not the act itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I nurse my 15 mo ds in public. Got some looks today at the mall. Oh well, he's 15 months not years. They can bite me
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM
That is great! I am surprised how many people only bf until six weeks or half a year or before a year because they think they are supposed to stop. I love hearing other moms bf past a year!

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I rarely have to nurse in public either. My little guy is 18 months old. We had a WIC appointment today and even THEY were shocked that he is still going so strong with nursing. They tried to tell me how it has "no nutritional value" at his age... the fact of the matter is, it does. And I offered them that information. 

I also don't care what people's reactions are. And yes, I, too, am losing faith in humanity as people continue to respond with shock at a breastfeeding 18 month old. What will they think in a year or two when he's still latched?? ;-)  

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Quoting Shelby212302:

The only thing I find "creepy" is when the kids can ask for the boob, not the act itself.

My little man has been saying "bubbie??" for about 3 months now. I still don't get how it's creepy that he asks for it...

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I nurse my 19 month old in public all the time.
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
It's not creepy till after age 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't have a prob with it as long as its covered. If you wanna breast feed your 12 year old I don't care, as long as there is a cover.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I don't understand the whole breastfeeding for 6 months thing. Do they not realize they have to give them formula for the other 6 months? But yes, we will self wean. Which means I may be breastfeeding a 4 year old occasionally. No big deal!

Quoting livelaughlov26:

That is great! I am surprised how many people only bf until six weeks or half a year or before a year because they think they are supposed to stop. I love hearing other moms bf past a year!

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I don't care what YOU choose to do with YOUR children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)