Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meet our new baby :) UHMMM EDIT: PAGE 331 (recent pic) lol lord lol

Her name is Queen & she's about 2 months old

She's getting her ears CLIPPED tomorrow o_0 so scared for her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Replies (171-180):
ncohetero
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM
It's purely cosmetic. Completely unnecessary. Poor baby

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never understood the reason for clipping ears. Is it just for looks or does it have health benefits for them?

Did not mean to hit anon I'm Ber-Lynn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Clipping a pit bulls ears started because they were/are used for fighting dogs, its so the dogs they are fighting can't grab on to them. It's cruel and senseless for a household pet and has no reason what so ever. It's incredibly painful for the dog. Please be a responsible pet owner and don't do that to your dog. 

mstkn.identity
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Mail dogs? Boy i need sleep. Lol

Eh, we also neutered because we were told it helped with the dominance, agression whatever crap. Our big dogs who are outside mostly, except on really cold or really hot days, liked to "argue" and scrap a lot. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't obviously, they're dogs. Lol. They can't tell us, yes or no, whatever. I've owned many un-neutered dogs, all inside dogs. I haven't had problems with un-neutered dogs, and they should stay that way if possible.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Well now its not done for looks, well except my mail dogs, it was pretty much for "looks." i dont like seein their balls.

But anyws, my opinion is to each their own, goes for this, circ or not circ, its all personal preference.

I was just curious about the whole "Dogs dont have a say."

Quoting Anonymous:

So, it's okay if dogs are forced to have these things done?

I don't like that dogs have to be spayed or neutered, I would rather have a dog that wasn't either. Spayed and neutering isn't done for looks.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Ok so i dont agree with clipping dogs ears, i do disagree with "dogs dont have a say." Of course they dont its a dog, are you against spaying and neutering too?

Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's not married, who said it was his dog? I'm sure you would be happy with a procedure performed on you, without your consent. Dogs don't have a say. Too bad it's legal.

Quoting Jameyluv:

Its her husband's dog mainly and if her man wants his dogs ears clipped then so be it. Don't bash her its not her fault ...sheeesh why do people ALWAYS have to be so.extra and petty .....its not like she's allowing him to do something illegal or unheard of..smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:14 AM

PLEASE convince him otherwise!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Idk, I've growup with dogs all my life but I NEVER really understood it. DF is taking her & I think it's for looks I suppose. Idk, I'll ask him though

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never understood the reason for clipping ears. Is it just for looks or does it have health benefits for them?

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Shes not getting the ears cropped, shes getting them clipped. Its not just reforming them, its cutting off the dogs ears, its incredibly painful for the dog and has no purpose. It is in fact animal cruelty. Howd you like your ears chopped off for no reason. Bet you wouldn't say its not cruel.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Doesn't matter. The dog is still given appropriate pain meds and cared for throughout. Therefore not animal cruelty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all vets are experienced with clipping dogs ears. At the very least they may know how but might not have done it all that much. That's why I said what I did. Just because a doctor knows how to do an operation doesn't mean they have experience. Kwim?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

She stated she was taking the dog to the vet. More than once.

Quoting Anonymous:

It can be when an un experienced person does it. I worked as a groomer for a while and I got to see a bunch of dogs that had mangled ears and tails because of it.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Y'all... OK. Buffie isn't my favorite member here, either. But holy hell with the animal cruelty bandwagon here. Boxers, Schnauzers (mini, standard and giant), Dobermans, Rottweilers, the list goes on and on for dog breeds that get tails AND ears cropped as a standard for the breed.

Is it unnecessary? Probably. I happen to think so, myself. Is it "animal cruelty"? No. Quit being drama queens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM
How about your children. Are they circumsized or not, girl too, if you have one?

Quoting Kayla060812:

Ohhh. Hit a nerve.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children are not your business!!

Quoting Kayla060812:

Circ? Or uncirc?

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that matter?

Quoting Kayla060812:

Do you have a son or daughter

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh dear God what? Dogs don't have a voice. I'm an advocate against cruelty to animals, clipping ears is no longer necessary.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Oh dear god.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Queen, I'm sorry your owners are having your ears clipped. There's no need for it, yet they are going to get it done anyway. I'm sorry your owners can't love you the way you are. You are an adorable sweet little pup. I would never do that, if I had you. I hope for your sake, you don't get an infection. I'm sorry your owners have to be cruel, from the very beginning. You may not remember it, but it's a sad thing to see happen. So sorry little Queen.
DarlaHood
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Spaying and neutering saves lives!! 

1) in both males and females, the surgeries dramatically lower the dogs risk of cancers. 

2) neutering stops the production of testosterone which means a male dog is MUCH less likely to develop agressive behaviors, to engage in humping behaviors, and to mark territory by lifting his leg and spraying urine. Spaying at 5 to 6 months is better than later to keep males from developing these behaviors.  once they develop them, they are sometimes reduced by neutering, but may not cease completely.

3) Approximately 85% of dogs hit by cars are unneutered males who catch the scent of females in heat from astonishing distances - up to 2 miles. 

4) Having a female in heat is hugely messy.

5) An unneutered male and a female in heat will scale incredible obstacles to get to each other.  It is very easy to end up with puppies you don't want or need.

6)  We don't need more puppies.  Thousands are euthanized daily all over the country.  Shelters are full and rescues have more dogs that need help than they do foster homes and resources. 

7) If you are not a professional breeder, you can very easily go in the red on a litter of puppies.  Just one medical problem that requires serious vetting can wipe out any profit you might make, and would put you in the hole. 

8) Just the cost of spaying or neutering, rabies, standard shots, fecal tests, de-worming, flea and tick control, heartworm prevention, micro-chipping, nail trimming, food & supplies costs hundreds of dollars.  A $400 adoption fee on a puppy barely helps rescues break even.

9) A single dog with Parvo can cost up to $3500 for treatment, and may not even survive. (and Parvo stays in the environment exposed up to 2 years!)

10) Dog licensing is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive if the dog is unspayed and unneutered. 

Your dog will recover from a spay within a day or 2, and a neuter within a day.  He/she will be healthier, safer, and better behaved.  And most cities with shelters either have low cost spay/neuter clinics or offer vouchers to reduce costs.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, it's okay if dogs are forced to have these things done?
I don't like that dogs have to be spayed or neutered, I would rather have a dog that wasn't either. Spayed and neutering isn't done for looks.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Ok so i dont agree with clipping dogs ears, i do disagree with "dogs dont have a say." Of course they dont its a dog, are you against spaying and neutering too?

Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's not married, who said it was his dog? I'm sure you would be happy with a procedure performed on you, without your consent. Dogs don't have a say. Too bad it's legal.

Quoting Jameyluv:

Its her husband's dog mainly and if her man wants his dogs ears clipped then so be it. Don't bash her its not her fault ...sheeesh why do people ALWAYS have to be so.extra and petty .....its not like she's allowing him to do something illegal or unheard of..smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM
So if an un experienced vet chopps to much ear off its okay because the dog has pain meds? I think we got off point here. My point being made way "if" an UN experienced person does it and mangles the dogs ear it could be animal cruelty. I was not talking about vets. I was just stating in some cases it could be. Kwim? Lol not trying to go into a huge debate just making a small point or opinion.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Doesn't matter. The dog is still given appropriate pain meds and cared for throughout. Therefore not animal cruelty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all vets are experienced with clipping dogs ears. At the very least they may know how but might not have done it all that much. That's why I said what I did. Just because a doctor knows how to do an operation doesn't mean they have experience. Kwim?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

She stated she was taking the dog to the vet. More than once.

Quoting Anonymous:

It can be when an un experienced person does it. I worked as a groomer for a while and I got to see a bunch of dogs that had mangled ears and tails because of it.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Y'all... OK. Buffie isn't my favorite member here, either. But holy hell with the animal cruelty bandwagon here. Boxers, Schnauzers (mini, standard and giant), Dobermans, Rottweilers, the list goes on and on for dog breeds that get tails AND ears cropped as a standard for the breed.

Is it unnecessary? Probably. I happen to think so, myself. Is it "animal cruelty"? No. Quit being drama queens.

Kayla060812
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
And some find clipping more attractive. (Many parents get this done for their sons too) sanitary has been proven wrong. Some people just don't want to clean it

Quoting EAzizM:

And you are comparing that to a dog gettin their ears clipped? Some do it for religious purpose or because they find it more sanitary.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Well. Circ is no necessary.... but people do it anyway for cosmetic reasons

Quoting EAzizM:

Wth?? How is that any of your business? I am not anon btw.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Circ? Or uncirc?

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that matter?

Quoting Kayla060812:

Do you have a son or daughter

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh dear God what? Dogs don't have a voice. I'm an advocate against cruelty to animals, clipping ears is no longer necessary.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Oh dear god.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Queen, I'm sorry your owners are having your ears clipped. There's no need for it, yet they are going to get it done anyway. I'm sorry your owners can't love you the way you are. You are an adorable sweet little pup. I would never do that, if I had you. I hope for your sake, you don't get an infection. I'm sorry your owners have to be cruel, from the very beginning. You may not remember it, but it's a sad thing to see happen. So sorry little Queen.
happy41ce
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM
You only clip if your gonna breed! ;/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured