Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black sheep of the family

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you it? I'm DEF not. Lol. Actually I'm probably seen as one of the goody goodies of my family. I don't think we really have a black sheep but if we did it would probably be one of my guy cousins. I have some BAD ASS cousins Lawd! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Shelby212302
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Def my cousin, he rarely takes out his head phones/puts puts his book down, at family gatherings. He is also a pill head and steals from our Grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:21 AM
I am virtually disowned by my family. So I'm pretty sure its me
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Yeah, they are so judgemental and mean but to so many people they are such GOOD people. They put up a good front and fool a lot of people but I know they are responsible for my depression etc.  I am better off without them in my life because my depression and sadness and anger gets worse when I am repeatedly rejected and judged etc by them over and over again. 

Thanks so much.

Quoting 504bbymami:

Wow they sound like the screwed up ones. Not you. Hugs

Quoting Anonymous:

I am known as a problem to my family.  At my sister's wedding way back in 1985, her FIL met me for the first time and exclaimed, "Oh, so YOU'RE the trouble maker of the family!!!!!"  I was so embarassed but it is not surprising that they talk about me like that.  I have children out of wedlock and they are of not white like me.  My family does not approve of "race mixing" and we are not included in any family get togethers or holidays etc.  I rarely talk to them, only when I call my mother.  "She has a lifelong history of MENTAL ILLNESS...." but refuses to take any responsibility for what she did to me.  I wasn't born like this. 

I have suffered from severe depression ever since childhood due to abuse at their hands and they are obviously not only disappointed in me but embarassed as well by me and how I never really amounted to much in their eyes.  I struggle so much but I am not a bad person.  Never did drugs or drank or got into legal trouble. I just haven't been a favorite, to say the least.

Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Definitely. Since i've only ever dated DH they think that i've never experienced "life". They still think that i want to.

*eye roll* Im perfectly content.

So they think that im obsessed with him because i never branched out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Im the blacksheep of my siblings. Im the only one to graduate high school, didnt drink, didnt do any kind of drug. Never been arrested. didn t have a kid before iwas 16. now on my moms side of the family i think the only blacksheep is my younger cousin and her refusal to see how bad she treats her son and probably the long lost cousin i just met a couple of years ago and never talk to lol.

abbie.alder
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Myself and my brother are the oh-so-terrible black sheeps. Hell, I love being black! ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I just have to do my best to not dwell on them or how we are not included in anything they do. It's hard to not have a family (mom, dad, sisters, etc) but even when I was young and living at home I always felt that I was not accepted for any reason.  My mother admitted to a friend I had a long time ago that I didn't turn out "how they had planned..." but I didn't plan to be this way either.  I will have to keep working on myself so I don't pass my anger etc onto my kids. Easier said than done but they don't deserve it.

Thanks.

Quoting Daya81:

that's awful! i'm sorry! my mom's white and the 4 of us are mixed. we weren't accepted on either side. but it's gotten better on my mom's side. wouldn't know what my dad's side thinks. anyways, sometimes your "family" is chosen=0)

Quoting Anonymous:

I am known as a problem to my family.  At my sister's wedding way back in 1985, her FIL met me for the first time and exclaimed, "Oh, so YOU'RE the trouble maker of the family!!!!!"  I was so embarassed but it is not surprising that they talk about me like that.  I have children out of wedlock and they are of not white like me.  My family does not approve of "race mixing" and we are not included in any family get togethers or holidays etc.  I rarely talk to them, only when I call my mother.  "She has a lifelong history of MENTAL ILLNESS...." but refuses to take any responsibility for what she did to me.  I wasn't born like this. 

I have suffered from severe depression ever since childhood due to abuse at their hands and they are obviously not only disappointed in me but embarassed as well by me and how I never really amounted to much in their eyes.  I struggle so much but I am not a bad person.  Never did drugs or drank or got into legal trouble. I just haven't been a favorite, to say the least.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Hello black seep Of the family speaking !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I was for a while. I feel like I still am sometimes like when I am sick and my family assumes it's because I am hungover and they secretly talk to my husband to make sure that isn't the case. He always tells me about it and it makes me feel like shit.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:37 AM
On my dads side I might be. On my moms I'm probably the only good one. Or at least a rarity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured