Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like a failure of a wife and mom sometimes

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

It is no secret that I have been stressed and depressed since my family moved to Puerto Rico. I miss home and my family and friends. I have had bad falling outs with some friends here who I considered best friends and bc of that I have not been caring about my appearance at all. I have gained a lot of weight bc of my thyroid, I have been wearing sweats almost daily. No makeup...I really have let myself go. Well dh had a talk with me last night and basically told me he understands why I have been feeling this way and he wants to help me. He said there are a few things he is going to MAKE me do. He said we will both be getting in shape together, I will be going to a spa once a month to relax, I will start going out more and he will watch the kids, I will start getting my hair done, we will upgrade my wardrobe(I didnt ask foor any of this but I think hes tired of seeing me looking like a bum daily), and I will start taking classes again to finish my degree. He said he wants me to get my self esteem back up. I really got lucky when I married him. I never had someone care so much about me. My family life isnt anything I like to talk about bc it was crap. He made me upset bc he told me if something were to happen to him, he is not confident Id be able to pull it together and take charge. He is right. I dont know how to do basic things like repairs around the house, how to change a tire even. So he plans on teaching me all of these things too. I just wish I didnt have so many issues going on but thank God he is here for me.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Aww thats sweet of him to help! are you on meds for your thyroid? That will help you feel better. thyroid problems can cause depression among many other problems. If you arent feeling any better then your meds needs to be adjusted! Good luck, I hope you start feeling better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to be honest...you have a lot of excuses.

Lisa_Lynn
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I agree, no one can help you but yourself, good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I just got put on medicine a week ago so hopefully it starts to help!

Quoting superm0m877:

Aww thats sweet of him to help! are you on meds for your thyroid? That will help you feel better. thyroid problems can cause depression among many other problems. If you arent feeling any better then your meds needs to be adjusted! Good luck, I hope you start feeling better!

babiegurl47
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Im not making any excuses. This is the conversation he had with me and I agreed with it all.It is my fault. Did I say it wasnt?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM

That's awesome!! It's so nice to have someone there to pick you up when you need it :) I was in the same boat you have been in lately, and my DH did the same thing. I'm just the kind of person that needs someone to TELL me to do things, or I have no motivation or will get depressed. I feel bad, because sometimes I feel like I'm holding him back, because he's so upbeat and positive about everything, and I just can't help but think "what if" all the time and that causes me to worry , than that causes me to get depressed then everything else just seems to spiral from there. But it's getting better everyday bc I have such a wonderful husband here by myself. As do you, and thats awesome!!!  Enjoy all of that mama and Good luck :)

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:45 AM

it should! it'll also help you lose weight too! Once your thyroid is back to normal, you wont hold onto weight like you were before. I have the same problem as you. thryoids suck!

Quoting babiegurl47:

I just got put on medicine a week ago so hopefully it starts to help!

Quoting superm0m877:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)