Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My thoughts on post baby bodies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you are still over weight after a year of having your baby, you are doing something wrong. After my first it took me 10 months to lose the extra baby weight. This baby it only took me 3 weeks. There is no excuse for your child to be a year and yet you are still walking around with all the baby weight. It's lazy. Yes, it takes 9 months to gain that weight so it's not going to come sliding right off but 12 months to loose it is more than enough time.

I know I'm gonna get bashed by someone but oh well. Those are my thoughts and I know they don't get the popular vote
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (221-226):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I had my gallbladder removed when my first was 4 months. I was still able to loose the weight within 10 months. So yea, the excuse doesn't fly

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Guess you haven't taken a medicine that made you gain shit tons of weight, that was near impossible to lose after getting off the med (diet and exercise did nothing), nor have you had an additional surgery to remove the gall bladder at less than 6 weeks post partum, to only gain weight from it's removal (it's normal to gain weight after it).

But, I suppose... I'm 10lbs below pre preg weight with my last, who is almost 4 months old... 

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Have you considered that some people can't go walking? Some people live on roads where traffic is 55mph, and two children have been killed already... (they were both riding bikes on the shoulder). And... ever consider that some moms still suffer from sciatica? That's me.. debilitating pain that's quite random... ass to toe.... my chiro is stumped, but just keep trying to adjust me, in hopes that my hips will shift the right way. My pelvis is tipped (not uterus), which is why my last son had no chance natural. It narrowed the opening so much that not even my ob's hand (and she's a small woman) could fit through... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Put the kids in a stroller and went walking. Workout videos work too

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Ok so when did you get your cardio in?

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't have sitters or access to a gym, I didn't even have the money for them either. It can still be done.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Hey not all of us have sitters and access to a gym. I'm trying the best with what I've got. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Good to know what some of the perfect skinny moms really think...

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I agree
Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM
I'm not gonna sit here and bash you but... I will tell you my experience...

After our second child was born, I was always feeling exhausted and never had energy to get up and do anything above an beyond taking care of my children. I thought it was just because I was having difficulty adjusting to being a mommy of two, and the fact that our second child was 10 lbs 2 oz when she was born and nursed day and night it seemed. About 6 months PP, we started a weightloss/healthy living challenge at work. I joined in and felt like I was killing myself to eat all the right things, I started jogging, and I didn't lose anything in 3 weeks. So I decided to go to my doctor and have a physical to make sure everything was where it was suppose to be. Guess what.... My thyroid levels were off and that was the cause of my feeling so exhausted and my cause for not being able to lose the weight.

Moral.... Everyone has a different story, their body is their cover ... Don't judge their book by its cover!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Glad you were still recovering from a c-section...when you had your gall bladder out. I mean, you know exactly how I felt then, only physically. Nevermind the blood pressure meds I had to go on, ebcause I dropped to 80/50 on the OR table, and rose to 160/110 in just three days after the c-section. NOT fun! 

but still... Not everyone is the same. You need to step back and realize that EVERY woman is different. Many have meds they go, on that can affect weight. Many, while busy as moms, are physically busy enough to lose the weight. Many moms breastfeed, and as a breastfeeding mother, the whole you lose weight because you breastfeed...not true. You typically lose it after you're done, as you take in more calories while breastfeeding in order to make up for lack of nutrients, and calories. So, if you normall ate 2000 and maintained a pre preg weight, well, now you're eating closer to 2600, and maintaining your current weight. You eat because you are truly hungry. Because the body recognizes it needs something extra (a nutrient) in order to provide you AND your offspring. If you didn't, you're body would rob you of the nutrients in order to provide the baby with everything he or she needs.

My point os, though, ever woman is different. You can't be a judge all because you were able to accomplish something. If a woman can get out of the house a week after she's had teh baby, to just breathe fresh air, she's made a major accomplishment. Vaginal or cesarean... it's still hard as hell! I've had three very unwanted cesareans, and I'd never wish it on anyone. The pain from it lasts years for many, including me. There are various exercises and such that cause abdominal pain, long after you're "healed". 

Quoting Anonymous:

I had my gallbladder removed when my first was 4 months. I was still able to loose the weight within 10 months. So yea, the excuse doesn't fly

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Guess you haven't taken a medicine that made you gain shit tons of weight, that was near impossible to lose after getting off the med (diet and exercise did nothing), nor have you had an additional surgery to remove the gall bladder at less than 6 weeks post partum, to only gain weight from it's removal (it's normal to gain weight after it).

But, I suppose... I'm 10lbs below pre preg weight with my last, who is almost 4 months old... 

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Quoting iamcafemom83:

I have never been a gym mom. My work out is all push ups, sit ups, running, Zumba, p90x.
~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)