Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My thoughts on post baby bodies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you are still over weight after a year of having your baby, you are doing something wrong. After my first it took me 10 months to lose the extra baby weight. This baby it only took me 3 weeks. There is no excuse for your child to be a year and yet you are still walking around with all the baby weight. It's lazy. Yes, it takes 9 months to gain that weight so it's not going to come sliding right off but 12 months to loose it is more than enough time.

I know I'm gonna get bashed by someone but oh well. Those are my thoughts and I know they don't get the popular vote
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (181-190):
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
My daughter is 2 1/2 and I have not lost the weight I gained with her. It has nothing to do with laziness on my part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Well I gained my 80lbs with 1st child. I had a craving for milk ..whole milk anything else made me sick..and would drink a gallon a day by myself. Not to mention quitting smoking so that contributed to the weight gain also because I'd snack when I got a craving (gaining extra weight seemed a small price to pay to quit the habit for my son) and being put on bed rest at 26 wks for pre tern labor so I COULDN'T be active...yup that's pretty much how I gained mine. And I have yet to lose it all 7 yrs later but I was also pregnant 5 times in 6 yrs so that didn't help but I'm working on it now

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I actually agree with you. I don't get how women gain over 30lbs when they are pregnant. If they don't eat everything in sight while they are pregnant, and stay active while pregnant, they should be fine. It's the ones that are mostly lazy and eat for two while pregnant, that gain and then complain that they can't lose it.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I lost all my baby weight and then some within a month after having my first.  Took a little longer with the second and third, and a little more effort, but it was gone within six months of the births of each.  I had a great metabolism when I was younger.  But everyone's different; it takes some longer than others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes of course you will be bashed. You're a judgemental twaffle.

gotnothinonme
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Oh look a unicorn! I like the color blue!

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

If you're old enough to have had a baby, and you still judge other women.... grow the fuck up, you nitwit.

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:47 AM
At least you are working on it, and not making up excuses for every little thing. Congratulations on being pregnant 5 times in 6 years. I know I couldn't deal with 5 little ones, that close together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I gained my 80lbs with 1st child. I had a craving for milk ..whole milk anything else made me sick..and would drink a gallon a day by myself. Not to mention quitting smoking so that contributed to the weight gain also because I'd snack when I got a craving (gaining extra weight seemed a small price to pay to quit the habit for my son) and being put on bed rest at 26 wks for pre tern labor so I COULDN'T be active...yup that's pretty much how I gained mine. And I have yet to lose it all 7 yrs later but I was also pregnant 5 times in 6 yrs so that didn't help but I'm working on it now

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I actually agree with you. I don't get how women gain over 30lbs when they are pregnant. If they don't eat everything in sight while they are pregnant, and stay active while pregnant, they should be fine. It's the ones that are mostly lazy and eat for two while pregnant, that gain and then complain that they can't lose it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I'm an asshole, and I know it. That being said, I completely agree.  A lot of women use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever the fuck they want.  Your kid is 3 and you're still trying to loose those "20 extra pregnancy pounds"?

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:57 AM
He'll be 1 in 12 days and I've lost almost 70 lbs. 40 was baby weight
:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Well only 4 little ones..one pregnancy unfortunately didn't end well...hello depression and weight gain period but I do have 4 healthy children (7,5,(mc),3,2) so that's a huge blessing and one worth being healthy for. I just woke up one day and realized at some point I have to put some time into myself to be "healthy" again and I'd really like to "like" myself again. I have to remind myself that while my most important "job" is to be there mom I also am more then that I'm still me just different. But that different doesn't have to be miserable and uncomfortable in my own skin and it's ok to put that time into myself because in the end my whole family "wins"...plus I really want another baby next year sometime and I don't want another miserable pregnancy because of previous extra weight I'm carrying.
Oh yes and I never blamed my kids for me still carrying the weight. They (1st mainly) may be the reason I gained it in the first place but they're not the reason I still carry it now. Depression and guilt and self doubt play a huge part in it also but laziness was a huge factor also. I didn't want to put in the effort. When my kids slept I just wanted relaxing mommy time...now I'm paying for it because it's harder to get it off now that I'm 7yrs older then when I started but oh well my own fault I guess.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

At least you are working on it, and not making up excuses for every little thing. Congratulations on being pregnant 5 times in 6 years. I know I couldn't deal with 5 little ones, that close together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)