Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My thoughts on post baby bodies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you are still over weight after a year of having your baby, you are doing something wrong. After my first it took me 10 months to lose the extra baby weight. This baby it only took me 3 weeks. There is no excuse for your child to be a year and yet you are still walking around with all the baby weight. It's lazy. Yes, it takes 9 months to gain that weight so it's not going to come sliding right off but 12 months to loose it is more than enough time.

I know I'm gonna get bashed by someone but oh well. Those are my thoughts and I know they don't get the popular vote
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I have to say I agree with OP but that said it's also about priorities and what things are important to them at that point in life.  For me it has and always will be important to stay fit and so even though I had my children when I was "older" - had my first at 36 and second at 39 - I lost my baby weight within  5 months.  But I also exercised alot before pregnancy, during pregnancy and after.  I was back to running daily after each c-section at 5 wks post op and back to walking after 10 days post op.   Not everyone has the time to exercise like me though.  I am very fortunate.  Dieting is hard at any age.  It sucks.  Not everyone wants to deprive themselves. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Still no excuse. There is 5 years between my kids and so of course I'm older. And I am also working on controlling my anxiety and depression. Dot try to use a mental disorder ruin your life

Quoting Kitschy:

Also, the more children you have the harder it is and the older you are the harder it is. Let's not forget depression.

mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Im fat and i kind of agree but not fully.
i weight 200 pounds and im 66inches tall. Eh whatever, I have 45 pounds to lose. I have already lost 40 pounds since my son was born 5 months ago. I think people who dont try to change their lifestyle but complain about being fat are in fact lazy. I dont think that people are lazy if they havent lost all of their weight 12 months after childbirth.
For one, being a mother especially a first time mother can be stressful and mothers may feel as if they dont have time for themselves anymore and become depressed among many other things. (Stress makes it hard to lose weight)
Secondly, some mothers develop medical problems within the first year after childbirth (thyroids being a major one) and this can cause losing weight to be near impossible.
Third, new moms (at least me) have a hard time eating super healthy because by the time you prepare a meal and sit down your child is crying for you. This leaves mom grabbing something quick to eat the majority of the time which generally isnt super healthy.

And obviously most new moms (especially those who work like myself) dont have very much time to work out. I manage to sneak out a 30 min run after i put my son down for bed. I leave him with dh and go for q run.
Not everyones life or situation is the same and as long as they are trying or not complaining its no ones business how long it takes them to lose weight or if they want to keep the weight on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltigersmom
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Age is a factor, the older you are, the harder it is to lose it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Uh i gained 60 pounds, i developed a thyroid issue while pregnant (hypothyroidism) and i had an issue with edema. HELL YES I FUCKING ATE! I enjoyed every thing i put in my mouth :) i knew i would have to work a million times harder after baby especially bc i was already 25 pounds overweight. Oh well, now i breastfeed and eat healthy and i work full time :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I gained my 80lbs with 1st child. I had a craving for milk ..whole milk anything else made me sick..and would drink a gallon a day by myself. Not to mention quitting smoking so that contributed to the weight gain also because I'd snack when I got a craving (gaining extra weight seemed a small price to pay to quit the habit for my son) and being put on bed rest at 26 wks for pre tern labor so I COULDN'T be active...yup that's pretty much how I gained mine. And I have yet to lose it all 7 yrs later but I was also pregnant 5 times in 6 yrs so that didn't help but I'm working on it now

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I actually agree with you. I don't get how women gain over 30lbs when they are pregnant. If they don't eat everything in sight while they are pregnant, and stay active while pregnant, they should be fine. It's the ones that are mostly lazy and eat for two while pregnant, that gain and then complain that they can't lose it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
When I had my 4th I weighed 112# and after he was born I weighed 102#. You are a slacker OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM

All the ones bashing you probably have a 5 yr old and they still blame their fat on *baby weight*.

yourmamahaha
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Some people dont care, either way if u eat the same as u did before u had then after ur body it should just regulate itself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Yes! Losing weight at 18 with my first was completly different than with my forth@ 30. Much harder

Quoting Kitschy:

Also, the more children you have the harder it is and the older you are the harder it is. Let's not forget depression.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Yes judgement coming from someone who did it. Maybe next time you won't be so lucky. I lost all my weight within two months, I developed a thyroid problem, you should maybe look into that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Agreed. There is no reason to weigh more than when you were pregnant after birth! My neighbor was like "I was 118 before I got pregnant, 145 pregnant and now (6moths later) I'm 150"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN