Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a thief!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  • 77 Replies
How many of you have ever not checked out an item in your cart at the store and not realized it till you got home with it?

That happened to me last night...

We went to Walmart got a ton of stuff. I saw the 20$ cake pop maker for kids and wanted to try it. Our neighbors have 6 kids so we figured we could share it with them too. We checked out in the back of the store because we park there... Yeah DH hates it but it feels easier to me. The poor lady was sick and we were all chatting and were having a nice time. She almost forgot the diapers and the new shoe rack under the cart till I reminded her the very last second.

Fail lol.

I don't think we have the recite anymore DH threw it away... But regardless I'm keeping the box and taking it back and paying for it properly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Bump?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

*thief

but yes ive done it before with a case of water at the grocery store..def not on purpose but it is what it is

MamaMay007
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That is what I do when I notice I got something I didn't pay for.  Go back and pay.  

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I ever have had that happen, but if it were to happen I would take it back and pay.  We live in a small town and I shop at our grocery store here, so I would go back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM

cookie?

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Thank you I thought I spelled it wrong!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

*thief

but yes ive done it before with a case of water at the grocery store..def not on purpose but it is what it is

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I had a friend that let her son steal 5 small toys while we shopped. I didn't know until we got to the car. Needless to say, I don't shop with her anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM
A soda once... I was too embarrassed to go back
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
OMG!!! :0 She let him steal! That's awful! I mean this was an accident and I will be going back to pay for it...
Walmart is 30 mins away here so it won't go back today but maybe tomorrow lol.

Quoting macysmom:

I had a friend that let her son steal 5 small toys while we shopped. I didn't know until we got to the car. Needless to say, I don't shop with her anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)