Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
How many of you have ever not checked out an item in your cart at the store and not realized it till you got home with it?

That happened to me last night...

We went to Walmart got a ton of stuff. I saw the 20$ cake pop maker for kids and wanted to try it. Our neighbors have 6 kids so we figured we could share it with them too. We checked out in the back of the store because we park there... Yeah DH hates it but it feels easier to me. The poor lady was sick and we were all chatting and were having a nice time. She almost forgot the diapers and the new shoe rack under the cart till I reminded her the very last second.

Fail lol.

I don't think we have the recite anymore DH threw it away... But regardless I'm keeping the box and taking it back and paying for it properly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (71-77):
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Don't be sorry it made me and DH laugh! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! I have a friend named Robin and everyone calls her Bird. Annoying, I know but I just had to. =P

Sorry. ;)

Quoting Byrd15:

Dear Lord.... I wondered when this would happen. Get it out now lol

It's my last name, DH has dealt with it for 20 years I've had it for 2. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

B-B-B-Byrd Byrd Byrd, the Byrd is the word.
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Awww! You shouldn't be scared to tell the truth they most likely would have over looked it. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

A pack if diapers. We hadn't slept in more than a week our son was so sick and the were on the bottom and we just overlooked them. We were wondering later why it was so cheap and looked when we got home. I was terrified. My dh had a record and I was so scared they would throw him in jail it was completely innocent but I didn't go back to that store fore almost a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I have done it with laundry detergent I forgot was at the bottom of the cart. I noticed it when I was loading groceries. I went back in and paid for it.
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We had this issue all the time when I was a teen. My mom was in a wheel chair and when we went out it was too hard to push a cart and her wheel chair at the same time (before she got her electric one, that thing was a life saver) and so when it was just her and one kid she would put the things on her lap. Some of the items would fall down between her leg and the side of the chair and we wouldnt notice at check out. This was a common occurance, especially with kitchen utenisils like spatulas. 

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
There was one time I was using one of their scooters (just released from hospital after a c-section, needed groceries) I had a large container of vegetable oil, there was no room in the cart so I put it between my legs. Went to leave and was putting my babies blanket over the carseat, a employee was putting the groceries in a different cart to help me out, he pushed the cart out and I was telling my mom that I must have figured wrong in my head because it was less than I thought it would be. I got home, looked at the receipt and realized I didn't get the oil. I turned to tell my mom and she's carrying in the oil. I forgot it on the scooter and the employee must have thought I paid for it and loaded it in the cart and then in the car. I tried to pay for it the next time I went in but they wouldn't let me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
of course not...you apparently have entitlement issues. You are aa thief.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not going to stop me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

no one owes you anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. Whatever. The amount of money I spend on groceries is practically robbery also. They owe me one... Or two.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thats horrible. it's one thing for it to happen as an accident but to do it intentionally....sad

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
You say that like its a bad thing. Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

of course not...you apparently have entitlement issues. You are aa thief.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not going to stop me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

no one owes you anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. Whatever. The amount of money I spend on groceries is practically robbery also. They owe me one... Or two.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thats horrible. it's one thing for it to happen as an accident but to do it intentionally....sad

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)