Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
How many of you have ever not checked out an item in your cart at the store and not realized it till you got home with it?

That happened to me last night...

We went to Walmart got a ton of stuff. I saw the 20$ cake pop maker for kids and wanted to try it. Our neighbors have 6 kids so we figured we could share it with them too. We checked out in the back of the store because we park there... Yeah DH hates it but it feels easier to me. The poor lady was sick and we were all chatting and were having a nice time. She almost forgot the diapers and the new shoe rack under the cart till I reminded her the very last second.

Fail lol.

I don't think we have the recite anymore DH threw it away... But regardless I'm keeping the box and taking it back and paying for it properly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Awwww I mean a soda I don't think I would go back for but this toy is 20$. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

A soda once... I was too embarrassed to go back
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Yeah the woman almost didnt get the stuff at the bottom of my cart. I reminded her too before I even started my check out lol.
It definitely happens I walked out with a box of caprisuns in my stroller with DS when we lived in AZ.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
When we were grocery shopping my son had a bag of chips and was eating them, once we went through and paid and were walking to the door he started yelling that we forgot his chips!! He was only 3 but he already knew better haha the cashier looked at me like I was nuts going back to pay 25 cents
he was in one of those car carriages that's why I didn't notice btw lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM
That is so sweet!!!!!

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

When we were grocery shopping my son had a bag of chips and was eating them, once we went through and paid and were walking to the door he started yelling that we forgot his chips!! He was only 3 but he already knew better haha the cashier looked at me like I was nuts going back to pay 25 cents
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I stole hot dogs once. They were under my purse and I did not notice...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

well thats horrible. it's one thing for it to happen as an accident but to do it intentionally....sad

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
This happened a few weeks ago with one of those thirty packs of Pepsi

I wanted to go back and pay but I've already had enough issues with my local Walmart thinking I was stealing

( I had a purse I had to stop using because it set off alarms at random places WHILE WALKING IN! One of those places was at Wal-mart, the old man grabbed my purse and dumped everything out on the way in! I was pissed! No one could ever figure out why it kept setting off alarms, but the asshole kept accusing me of stealing ever last thing in my purse, including the 160 dollar Ray bans you can't buy from Walmart! Finally someone picked up my empty purse and walked through to show it would still go off!

It happened at a lot of different stores so I had to bring it back to the store I bought it from to see if they left a thief thingie in it, oddly enough the purse didnt set the alarms off there!!!)
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how it happened to me. .. Except it was a small individual cup of teddy grahams.

Quoting MommyLehr:

I stole hot dogs once. They were under my purse and I did not notice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Meh. Whatever. The amount of money I spend on groceries is practically robbery also. They owe me one... Or two.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thats horrible. it's one thing for it to happen as an accident but to do it intentionally....sad

Quoting Anonymous:

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I would have slapped that old man! I'm so sorry! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

This happened a few weeks ago with one of those thirty packs of Pepsi

I wanted to go back and pay but I've already had enough issues with my local Walmart thinking I was stealing

( I had a purse I had to stop using because it set off alarms at random places WHILE WALKING IN! One of those places was at Wal-mart, the old man grabbed my purse and dumped everything out on the way in! I was pissed! No one could ever figure out why it kept setting off alarms, but the asshole kept accusing me of stealing ever last thing in my purse, including the 160 dollar Ray bans you can't buy from Walmart! Finally someone picked up my empty purse and walked through to show it would still go off!

It happened at a lot of different stores so I had to bring it back to the store I bought it from to see if they left a thief thingie in it, oddly enough the purse didnt set the alarms off there!!!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN