Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you have ever not checked out an item in your cart at the store and not realized it till you got home with it?

That happened to me last night...

We went to Walmart got a ton of stuff. I saw the 20$ cake pop maker for kids and wanted to try it. Our neighbors have 6 kids so we figured we could share it with them too. We checked out in the back of the store because we park there... Yeah DH hates it but it feels easier to me. The poor lady was sick and we were all chatting and were having a nice time. She almost forgot the diapers and the new shoe rack under the cart till I reminded her the very last second.

Fail lol.

I don't think we have the recite anymore DH threw it away... But regardless I'm keeping the box and taking it back and paying for it properly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I had a key chain that would do that. It was annoying.

Quoting Anonymous:

This happened a few weeks ago with one of those thirty packs of Pepsi

I wanted to go back and pay but I've already had enough issues with my local Walmart thinking I was stealing

( I had a purse I had to stop using because it set off alarms at random places WHILE WALKING IN! One of those places was at Wal-mart, the old man grabbed my purse and dumped everything out on the way in! I was pissed! No one could ever figure out why it kept setting off alarms, but the asshole kept accusing me of stealing ever last thing in my purse, including the 160 dollar Ray bans you can't buy from Walmart! Finally someone picked up my empty purse and walked through to show it would still go off!

It happened at a lot of different stores so I had to bring it back to the store I bought it from to see if they left a thief thingie in it, oddly enough the purse didnt set the alarms off there!!!)
myperfect4inok
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I did it with a bag of onions once.
I went back to pay and they wouldn't let me.
They were like its ok just go.
I even asked for a manager and he still wouldn't let me pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

My daughter put a travel brush $.99 in my purse once. I didn't notice till I got home. No, I did not go back and pay, it would have cost me more to go back.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM
DH has a bad habit of throwing things in my diaper bag when he goosed them in the cart! I always get so mad!

Quoting MommyLehr:

I stole hot dogs once. They were under my purse and I did not notice...
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Diapers. Never fails that I forget them. But I always go back to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I can understand that! I just can't have this 20$ toy knowing I didn't pay, 99c isn't worth it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter put a travel brush $.99 in my purse once. I didn't notice till I got home. No, I did not go back and pay, it would have cost me more to go back.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Ohhhhhh that's SO tempting lol.
I would have to go back and pay, I'm a sucker for karma. :/ Lol

Quoting tifferie:

Diapers. Never fails that I forget them. But I always go back to pay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
One time I handed the guy all my stuff. He just didn't scan one thing. I didn't realize until a few days later. It really is a hassle and I did not make the 45 minute drive back to the store to pay for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Oh I came very close to it, because legally the people who work at Walmart can't just open your belongings, & I was walking it! I made it clear if Anything was broken from the sunglasses to the camera HE WOULD BE PAYING FOR IT!

Thankfully nothing was broken, I was so upset the sunglasses where in the purse, cellphones, ( mine and my husbands) & a brand new Nikon camera! ( I never leave home without one!)

He didnt lose his job, but he was written up so I left it alone, I wasn't mean enough to want him to lose his job, but something had to be done!

Now if something broke it would have been different!

The purse still sets off Alarms for no reason :/ my friend borrowed it and had to give it back three days later

No one can figure it out!

Quoting Byrd15:

I would have slapped that old man! I'm so sorry! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

This happened a few weeks ago with one of those thirty packs of Pepsi

I wanted to go back and pay but I've already had enough issues with my local Walmart thinking I was stealing

( I had a purse I had to stop using because it set off alarms at random places WHILE WALKING IN! One of those places was at Wal-mart, the old man grabbed my purse and dumped everything out on the way in! I was pissed! No one could ever figure out why it kept setting off alarms, but the asshole kept accusing me of stealing ever last thing in my purse, including the 160 dollar Ray bans you can't buy from Walmart! Finally someone picked up my empty purse and walked through to show it would still go off!

It happened at a lot of different stores so I had to bring it back to the store I bought it from to see if they left a thief thingie in it, oddly enough the purse didnt set the alarms off there!!!)
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
That was nice of them!

Quoting myperfect4inok:

I did it with a bag of onions once.

I went back to pay and they wouldn't let me.

They were like its ok just go.

I even asked for a manager and he still wouldn't let me pay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured