Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
How many of you have ever not checked out an item in your cart at the store and not realized it till you got home with it?

That happened to me last night...

We went to Walmart got a ton of stuff. I saw the 20$ cake pop maker for kids and wanted to try it. Our neighbors have 6 kids so we figured we could share it with them too. We checked out in the back of the store because we park there... Yeah DH hates it but it feels easier to me. The poor lady was sick and we were all chatting and were having a nice time. She almost forgot the diapers and the new shoe rack under the cart till I reminded her the very last second.

Fail lol.

I don't think we have the recite anymore DH threw it away... But regardless I'm keeping the box and taking it back and paying for it properly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I do that too!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM
My thoughts EXACTLY. After how much money I've given them... They will be a-ok!

Quoting Anonymous:

YEP. As if they didn't have enough money...... I doubt they would be hurting from $5 lol, the "walmart people" are MULTI Billionaires!

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. Whatever. The amount of money I spend on groceries is practically robbery also. They owe me one... Or two.

Quoting Anonymous:

well thats horrible. it's one thing for it to happen as an accident but to do it intentionally....sad

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go back and pay. In fact, sometimes I put stuff in the bottom of the cart hoping that the cashiers will forget about it. This works especially well in the self check out line in some stores.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Wtf? Wow people need to chill.... It's cheese.
A simple, "Ma'am you missed that cheese." Would have sufficed.

Quoting MACKIESMOMMY:

It happened once a week after i had my kid it was a single thing of string cheese it was half in the cart i did not see it i was walking away from the self check out line and some lady went nuts and start yelling  theif i was what the heck is going on .the manger came over and ask what was going on and the lady told him i was trying to take cheese i told him i scaned it and it was on the receipt the manger told the lady it was on there the said that not what im talking about the cheese hanging out of the bottom of the cart. then a cop walk up and ask what was going on the manger told him what happened he ask me if i saw it i said no it was hanging out of the bottom of the cart i said i will pay for it and the lady told the cop i should be taking away he said that was not going to happen because i had not left the store and it was hanging out of the cart bottom and it was warm not cold meaning it had been there a while. I thought i had picked up some string cheese but it was not mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
lol yea.. DH is military and so are a few other family members.. It would suck and be super embarrassing if I got in trouble for "stealing" a dang pepper lol

Quoting Byrd15:

Hahahahah that's so cute!

Quoting Anonymous:

I accidentally stole a green pepper from the commissary at one base! It was hiding under my ds carseat (he was 3 months at the time. Now 5, but I still remember lol) and I didn't even notice it was hiding. I did go back because it was on a military base and I was scared I'd get arrested or something lol I didn't have to pay for it :P they were happy I was honest about it. So I thought that was cool of them.
Lilred57
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM
My dd gets stuff out of the cart and wedges under her blanket, jacket, or legs lol. I have had to go back in more than once! Ooh and this one cashier at krogers always tries to check my cart!I want to punch her in the face lol. It's like b*tch back off if I forgot something I will be back in, but I'm sure she's just doing her job.
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I just don't shop on post lol

Quoting Anonymous:

lol yea.. DH is military and so are a few other family members.. It would suck and be super embarrassing if I got in trouble for "stealing" a dang pepper lol

Quoting Byrd15:

Hahahahah that's so cute!

Quoting Anonymous:

I accidentally stole a green pepper from the commissary at one base! It was hiding under my ds carseat (he was 3 months at the time. Now 5, but I still remember lol) and I didn't even notice it was hiding. I did go back because it was on a military base and I was scared I'd get arrested or something lol I didn't have to pay for it :P they were happy I was honest about it. So I thought that was cool of them.
Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Yeah that's very rude of her.

Quoting Lilred57:

My dd gets stuff out of the cart and wedges under her blanket, jacket, or legs lol. I have had to go back in more than once! Ooh and this one cashier at krogers always tries to check my cart!I want to punch her in the face lol. It's like b*tch back off if I forgot something I will be back in, but I'm sure she's just doing her job.
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually notice while I'm at the store and just pay for it when I remember or drop it back off.  I'll tell what has happened to me way more often, paying for things that I forgot at the store! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
A pack if diapers. We hadn't slept in more than a week our son was so sick and the were on the bottom and we just overlooked them. We were wondering later why it was so cheap and looked when we got home. I was terrified. My dh had a record and I was so scared they would throw him in jail it was completely innocent but I didn't go back to that store fore almost a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Lol! I have a friend named Robin and everyone calls her Bird. Annoying, I know but I just had to. =P
Sorry. ;)

Quoting Byrd15:

Dear Lord.... I wondered when this would happen. Get it out now lol

It's my last name, DH has dealt with it for 20 years I've had it for 2. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

B-B-B-Byrd Byrd Byrd, the Byrd is the word.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)