Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God does amazing things!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
4 moms liked this
Yesterday we heard the story about the lady that need financial help and after praying and humbling herself, she received a check in her mail. I have a story of the liking. My dad passed away a few months ago, then my dh went to jail. Dh was the only one working and now my 3 kids and myself have been living on DD1s SSI check of 690 a month, I have been worrying about Christmas and praying that somehow they would get gifts from Santa. I got a call from the administration at my daughters' school, they lady said "Mrs. D, we know the problems that your family is going through, and I hope we are not overstepping our bounderies but every year we adopt a family for Christmas, we love D & S, and would like to provide Christmas for you, the girls and your son, we would also like to get a few things for your dh. Would this be ok with you?" I immediately started crying and said "oh my goodness, thank you so very much, I would be forever grateful if y'all did this, it would be such a blessing!" God does amazing things!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Things happen. No great mystical one is making them. Fait and time. The check was in the mail either way...wether she prayed or not. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this
maybe you could pray to the spelling gods instead

Quoting Anonymous:

Things happen. No great mystical one is making them. Fait and time. The check was in the mail either way...wether she prayed or not. Sorry.

Anonymous
Sounds like the school is the one being amazing!
Anonymous

That is just because some people are truly caring not because a deity made it happen.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always had God carry through tough situations and I always come out better and stronger than before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
God is good :) I'm struggling this year too, but I have faith that God has a plan for me and my family. I'm glad you're going to have a nice Christmas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Thats awesome. I think that its great that the school is helping your family out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Dont need too. Thats what keeps the spelling nazis entertained. Glad I could give you something to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
As a christian woman, I believe that God put the conviction in their hearts and is using them to answer our prayers.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is just because some people are truly caring not because a deity made it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Don't

Your'e welcome

Quoting Anonymous:

Dont need too. Thats what keeps the spelling nazis entertained. Glad I could give you something to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)