Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God does amazing things!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
4 moms liked this
Yesterday we heard the story about the lady that need financial help and after praying and humbling herself, she received a check in her mail. I have a story of the liking. My dad passed away a few months ago, then my dh went to jail. Dh was the only one working and now my 3 kids and myself have been living on DD1s SSI check of 690 a month, I have been worrying about Christmas and praying that somehow they would get gifts from Santa. I got a call from the administration at my daughters' school, they lady said "Mrs. D, we know the problems that your family is going through, and I hope we are not overstepping our bounderies but every year we adopt a family for Christmas, we love D & S, and would like to provide Christmas for you, the girls and your son, we would also like to get a few things for your dh. Would this be ok with you?" I immediately started crying and said "oh my goodness, thank you so very much, I would be forever grateful if y'all did this, it would be such a blessing!" God does amazing things!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Things happen. No great mystical one is making them. Fait and time. The check was in the mail either way...wether she prayed or not. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this
maybe you could pray to the spelling gods instead

Quoting Anonymous:

Things happen. No great mystical one is making them. Fait and time. The check was in the mail either way...wether she prayed or not. Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Sounds like the school is the one being amazing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM

That is just because some people are truly caring not because a deity made it happen.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always had God carry through tough situations and I always come out better and stronger than before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
God is good :) I'm struggling this year too, but I have faith that God has a plan for me and my family. I'm glad you're going to have a nice Christmas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Thats awesome. I think that its great that the school is helping your family out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Dont need too. Thats what keeps the spelling nazis entertained. Glad I could give you something to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
As a christian woman, I believe that God put the conviction in their hearts and is using them to answer our prayers.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is just because some people are truly caring not because a deity made it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Don't

Your'e welcome

Quoting Anonymous:

Dont need too. Thats what keeps the spelling nazis entertained. Glad I could give you something to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)