Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some people have nothing kind to say about anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It is crazy how much some people just NEED to find fault with everything that is posted.

I don't remember what post it was, but I read it yesterday. A woman replied to a post saying that she was not going to be able to give her daughter a Christmas because she is living in a hotel. She just left an abusive relationship. People were actually ripping into her about it.

You know............

if she posted that she was staying with her abusive boyfriend until after Christmas so she could buy her daughter some gifts, those same people would be calling her names for staying and putting the kid in danger. 

Sad really that some people are so self righteous.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Yep, you can't win either way here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
"If you some tries to knock you down, they were already above them in the first place"

Or something like that. Lol.
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Believe me, I've pointed this out a million times. There's no point in doing so. You can't make people grow balls and have empathy for others. It just doesn't happen. It's best to ignore if. If everyone would just IGNORE nasty comments, from now on, I literally bet you 2 grand that they would stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

How ironic..

What, that I am stating the truth? I am not being nasty. I am wondering how someone in good conscience can work so hard at putting others down. I don't feel bad about saying that people can be nasty on here. There are a million examples of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just_hc
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Thankfully, CM is not indicitive of real life.  Most people are simply not this hateful in person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Can you really just not let negativity go on by?

What point do you honestly think you're making?

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My Grandmother is someone I know in real life who is the same way, she will find fault in even the most wonderful things.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you really just not let negativity go on by?

What point do you honestly think you're making?

I can, but when someone is in a horrible situation and someone goes out of their way to take yet another dig, they might not be able to. kwim? When you are in a good frame of mind you think, eh, what a bitch, and move on. If someone posts "I hate the way I look" and someone replies, "You should. You are fat and ugly." You have to wonder if they are able to let it roll off their back when they were obviously already distraught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

I did not see the post, did you get a name or anything(of the OP, I mean)?

She was replying to another post about buying Christmas gifts. I am pretty sure she stayed anonymous. I don't think I replied to the post so I am not sure which one it was. I will look through and see if I can find it again.

She was in the post about the woman having $1000 to spend for Christmas. She was anonymous. Page 26

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I think some women come in here just to take their frustrations out on others.I guess they don't have any other outlet for it.I've made some totally nice,innocent comments and have been attacked.I just shrug it off.In this group you are taking a risk with anything you post.It's just the kind of group it is.I feel if it upsets you that much then you need to hang out in a different group where people are more supportive and less mean.This certainly isn't the only group in CM,but,out of the handful of groups I belong to,this one is the most active and least boring.But I won't ever post anything personal about my life,or ask for advice.Not in this group.

AleaKat
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
That's how CrazyMom.com works.
I know people will pick apart anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)