Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Neighbors are going to hate me -_-

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: which coop do you like better?

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 178

View Results

AFTER SAYING THIS A FEW TIMES I WILL POST IT UP HERE.  I have already contacted the city. It IS allowed. I just need permits. 

I am a country girl stuck in the city. To me teaching kids where food comes from is VERY important. I live in an area that everyone is very close together (our drive way has a 6 inch strip of grass and a metal fence between our drive way then theirs. Theirs touches the house. I have a 8 inch strip of grass between my house and driveway.) . I have been working on puting things like blueberry bushes (so far 6 planing on 12), raspberry bushes (have two want 9), Strawberries (none yet), Veggie garden up front, fence lined with corn. WELL...We are talking about geting a permit to build a chicken coop and then geting a permit to have chickens on the property! SHoule we do this we are planing on having between 6 and 10 chickens (no roosters).  LOL well atleast they make less noise than my nehbors Yappy dog. I found 4 diffrent coops I like. ALL flooring will be sand for easy cleaning (including in the run). Hoing with Rhode Island Reds who lay up to 5 eggs a week so if we went with 10 we would have 50 eggs a week. This means the kids could gather the eggs and sell the extra. 

2 of the nehbors have anoying as hell pets. A cat that had been shitting on my lawn. (sprinkilers stoped that), and a none stop yapping dog. Oh and the one with a yapping dog has a house alarm that goes off atleast once a month and will go one for an hour or more. 

IF YOU CLEAN TWICE A DAY HELL EVEN IF YOU CLEAN THE CAGE ONCE A DAY AND PUT THE WASTE IN A CLOSED CONTAINER YOU DO NOT GET THE SMELL

FOR ME NONE OF THE COOPS WOULD BE PAINTED THEY WOULD ALL BE STAINED WOOD.

This is our house and yard (the grape vines are gone)

We will be taking the plants out of the back (weeds) and puting it behind the brick building. Again grape vines are gone. 

For information please click the ribbon. 

I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within my body. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM

this would be the breed of chicken

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM

poll added/ 

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I like the colors on the first one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Number 2 is my fav.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

If there were no roosters and you kept the coop maintained I don't know why anyone would have an issue. Heck if I was a neighbor I would buy my eggs from you! Btw I like the second coop the best. Looks like its a part of the house.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

these are the other breeds we are continplating on. 

Australorp

Black star

-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I love 2 but 3 is very clue too. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

the only thing I don't like about number two Is I can't walk into the run which will make cleaning a bit harder and if something happens to one of the birds under the coop twoard the back it would be hard to get to them. 

bc19
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I like them all but the 3rd one. 

snakesNsnails
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

i like the third one...its sweet and not as conspicuous..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN