Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Under 10$ gift ideas for children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

We are a large family on a tight budget, but my children will still have a good Christmas. I feel bad reading on here about so many kids who wont get a Christmas this year.  Yesterday I was at HEB grocery store and my 3yo daughter saw a 5$ stuffed puppy that was in a purple purse..it was really cute and i will probably run back there today and get it for her..  But it made me think that we could all put down some inexpensive gift ideas to buy or make.. for the families that dont have as much this year.  Ideas?!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:38 AM
We found lalaloopsie jewelry boxes at Walmart for $9.99 also there were angry birds piggy banks (really big) for $6. They have $5 kids sunglasses and watches. Hats, gloves and scarves are cheap
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Oh and crayola color wonder packs! My kids love them! They have lots of different things under $10.
And bubble bath , soap, loofas in their favorite characters.
audreesmama
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 4 and loves the xia-xia crab things and toys r us has them for 4.99 PLUS buy 1 get 4 free!! I got her some of those :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

They have small baby dolls (about 6 inches) at target for $4, barbies can be found for $5, wrestling guys and super heros can also be found for under $10, some legos, craft kits, matchbox cars.

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
4 moms liked this

This idea isn't necessarily for kids (would be a great gma/gpa gift).. Buy a $1 plate or cup (in white at dollar tree). Get a pack of color sharpies.. Let the kiddos draw pics on the cup/plate.. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 mins.. This makes it safe to eat off of and keeps the color from rubbing off =) (found on pinterest)

BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Walmart has different bin things with toys for $1 $2 $3 and things. Just little things but it could make up a gift bag!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Walmart has Disney purse packs for kids for about $1. They come with a small coloring/activity book, crayons or markers and stickers in a little ziplock kind of bag. They make great stocking stuffers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by Resident Heathen on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
make things for them if you're crafty!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, playdoh is pretty inexpensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

dollar store and salvation army!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)