Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 6 year old has a cell phone.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
ask me anything. and no bashing we have a great reason for her to have it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
That's all that matters:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

No bashing my 8 year old has had one for two years ;) good reasons here as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Thanks, my mom flew off the deep end when we told her we gave dd one. my kid my choice... i think its the reason behind why we gave it to her that annoys my mom most

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
:) She loves it!

Quoting funlovinlady:

No bashing my 8 year old has had one for two years ;) good reasons here as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
What the fuck. What is the reason??
A.B.C.brown07
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
So does my 6 year old DD and my 5 year old DS will get one on his birthday in April.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM

So what was the reason you gave her one?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks, my mom flew off the deep end when we told her we gave dd one. my kid my choice... i think its the reason behind why we gave it to her that annoys my mom most

Quoting iamcafemom83:

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM
What's the great reason? I just can't think of a single reason a 6 year old needs a cell phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
So she can talk to her grandma (bio dads mom) and sisters when ever she wants too without having to ask to use my phone. she can text her sisters and even call them. It gives Them also freedom to not have to go through me all the time to get to dd. they can also call and talk or text her any time and all the time without blowing up my line or my facebook. its made it easier for dd to have contact with family she loves and who love her. she also uses it for a math game that has helped her adding and subtracting so much. i monitor all use and all emails, text messages. but dh and i feel this encourages her to have a great relationship with her family who are very far away. i wasnt going to give it to her for a few more years but after hearing her ask a dozen times a day to call grandma or her sisters i decided it was time.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the fuck. What is the reason??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
So she can talk to her grandma (bio dads mom) and sisters when ever she wants too without having to ask to use my phone. she can text her sisters and even call them. It gives Them also freedom to not have to go through me all the time to get to dd. they can also call and talk or text her any time and all the time without blowing up my line or my facebook. its made it easier for dd to have contact with family she loves and who love her. she also uses it for a math game that has helped her adding and subtracting so much. i monitor all use and all emails, text messages. but dh and i feel this encourages her to have a great relationship with her family who are very far away. i wasnt going to give it to her for a few more years but after hearing her ask a dozen times a day to call grandma or her sisters i decided it was time.

my mom can not stand her bio dad, she calls him the sperm donor. but my mom has never called for her but bio dad and grandma call her 3-4 times a week just to see how her day went.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what was the reason you gave her one?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN