Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what's even MORE strange than extended breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Grown woman who's offended by breasts.

Very Unnatural.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (421-430):
redvelvet42
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

haha ha so true! offended by seeing another woman breastfeeding her child but not offended by women who have so much of their breast exposed that the only part completely covered is the areola smh!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I'm not trying to take away anything from anyone, I just personally don't like seeing a stranger expose her breasts and feed a 4th grader around me. It doesn't make me a hater of anything. Another poster doesn't like open-mouth eaters, that doesn't make her a hater of all mankind, food, and mouths. I'm not going to try and take away anyone's rights, I'm not telling anyone to move, I'm just stating what I think in my head when it happens and apparently that makes me a misogynist. *shrugs*

Quoting RobinBright:

Hatred for breasts, no. Misogyny, yes, as you are (a) placing the sexual value of breasts above their nutritional role and (b) you are suggesting that a mother is somehow less entitled to freedom and full rights under the law. Both of those follow a narrow patriarchal mindset in which the desire of "others" are prioritized over the needs of the family, and where women are characterized as sexual above all else.

MomtoZoeFriday
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My baby is 3 1/2 now,  I really need to up-date my picture!   This post just really annoyed me so I had to say something.  It's  just like those woman wear low,  low cut shirts with their clevage hanging out and act all offended when people stare,  what did you excpect?  When the kids old enough to know what's going on ,  past 4 years old,  maybe ask them if they find it embarrasing?   After a certain age it's almost like a form of child abuse in my opinion.    I think they have gotten all the nutrition from your breast milk that they really need after 3 consecutive years of nursing,  dont you? 

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Im not offended. 

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not offended by breastfeeding. I'm not offended by breasts. I am offended when young men in my family see tits whipped out in public. Cover your boob when you feed your baby, it's not that difficult and it's not asking a lot. They make covers and blankets, get over yourself long enough to realize that it's not grown women being offended by boobs, it's grown women not wanting the young men in their family staring at naked tits. Nobody over here is asking you  not to feed your kid; just don't give my kid an eyeful.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

yankeefan828
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I'm not ashamed on mine or other women's breasts BUT if you can afford a child you can afford a breast feeding cover or blanket so not everyone could see. Women don't like the unwanted attention from men when they aren't breast feeding but they just take their whole boob out. It is wrong.
My friends daughter is a little older than my daughter and she was asking what a woman was doing exposing her private parts(her boobs) and that she shouldn't do that. Then a couple weeks later I was with them at the park and a little boy got naked and went into the sprinklers and the parents didn't even notice. It doesn't matter male or female or what you are doing with your body parts you are a role models for your children if you tell them they cant do something and you do it they will be confused and rebel.
It's not hard to cover up! Women need to understand that it's not too much work to just cover yourself!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It's disturbing that you still consider breasts sexual even while breastfeeding. What you just said makes zero sense. None of it. Carry on crazy.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol!!!

Oh boy. You suck at this.

I never said breastfeeding in public was wrong and as an American I've extensive experience as an expat.

I think you are full of shit :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading comprehension. Please get some. I'm not a hardcore BF advocate by any means. I'm also not an American. What's truly embarrassing is the negative hype perpetuated soley by American women like yourself. You should get outside the US sometime where breastfeeding in public is not a big deal at all.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol. That's not what you said.

And it is a HUGE failure because of the bf nazis and the harm they are doing in America. It's sad and embarrassing.

Boobs are sexual. And most of the problems associated with breastfeeding come from those trying to prove a point by screaming about boobs not being sexual and flopping their tits out at Trader Joes

Quoting Anonymous:

What attitude? Desexualizing the act if breastfeeding? I NEVER said breasts weren't sexual. The point is teaching them when they are and when they are not. And last time I checked the breasfeeding movement was not a failure in the least.

Quoting Momniscient:

I don't really give a shit about the rest of the conversation but my boobs most certainly ARE sexual. Just because I breastfeed doesn't mean they aren't.

I think this attitude is what is wrong with the failed breastfeeding movement.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a failure on the parent if their child is uncomfortable seeing a nursing baby, period. That's what's wrong with American women. They teach their children breasts are sexual when they aren't.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

They know what breast are for. Doesn't mean they want to see them. Bet you are one of the women I was talking about. Just downright lets everything hang out and shows no discretion when BFing in public because it is "natural" and no one can say anything.

Quoting semamaearth:

your poor children, can't eat in peace because someone is breastfeeding...wait, what?! how in the hell does someone breastfeeding their baby cause your children to not be able to eat in peace? Maybe if mama had taught them that breasts aren't just sexual objects and that breastfeeding is a completely natural thing, and something that nourishes children, they wouldn't find it so odd!!

Quoting Dominosmommy:

And what about the needs of my kids to eat in peace. I have no issue with seeing boobs. I like boobs. But that doesn't mean that my kids and their friends should have to see that. 

Quoting RobinBright:

This is pretty simple. Baby's need to eat on demand trumps your prudish desire not to see a breast. You don't have to like it, but you have no valid grounds to complain.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

Someone also needs to stop with their personal biases. You are judging me because I don't want to see other people's tits in public, around my children. Lets see how far you get in life shall we?

Quoting epoh:

Sounds like someone likes to exagerate. But carry on with your personal biases. Also be aware they won't get you far in life.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

I don't,  but it is hard not so see when I look up to talk to one of the kids and there is a big ol' titty hanging out right there at the table right next to mine. I have had to switch seats with one of my girls' male friends because he was getting uncomfortable because a lady's boob was in his face.  I am a-okay with women who do it but make some effort to cover up, so we don't see nip and stuff. However some woman are so rude about it because they know we can not say anything. They just let both tits fly free while feeding. Umm gross. 

Quoting epoh:

So don't look.

Tada! Problem solved.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

I don't get it. I love my boobs. However I am not thrilled about seeing another person's when I am sitting down to eat at Applebee's. If I want to see titties I will go to a strip club.

LectioDivina
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I'm not offended by breastfeeding. I'm not offended by breasts. I am offended when young men in my family see tits whipped out in public. Cover your boob when you feed your baby, it's not that difficult and it's not asking a lot. They make covers and blankets, get over yourself long enough to realize that it's not grown women being offended by boobs, it's grown women not wanting the young men in their family staring at naked tits. Nobody over here is asking you  not to feed your kid; just don't give my kid an eyeful.

Why? those young men would probably see hundreds of boobs in their lifetime and they will probably be aware of where human milk comes from...

Wouldn't it be FAR more beneficial for their respect levels if the encounters with breasts in their formative years had to do with the nourishment of a child as opposed to the first encounters being degrading sexual pictures they will be bombarded with once they are old enough to start scanning the Internet?

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I agree! If I don't like something, well I just don't look at it and I certainly don't go out of my way to speak about it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM
The only people I've seen who have a problem with breastfeeding are men. They are the ones I've heard the comments from.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)