Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what's even MORE strange than extended breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Grown woman who's offended by breasts.

Very Unnatural.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (551-560):
Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Yes, so the world cam be full of even more unbalanced people.

Quoting crissysworld:

That's not right. Wishing someone doesn't have a child is completely wrong. Now if they didn't take care of their children I could see that.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Let's hope they don't! XD

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Nothing like being ashamed or bothered by your own anatomy. How do people like that reproduce?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Are you still talking?

Funny how you "could" rip it apart yet don't. Three times now you've referenced that. If you could rip it apart you would have by now.

But you don't.... Says miles about you.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

Sure thing toots.

I'd be happy to have a discussion if it were with someone who wasn't hellbent on lecturing to someone who is more informed and well rounded in an aspect that is totally irrelevant. You aren't even CLOSE to arguing with me. You're just yammering.

You should go take some critical thinking classes and practice debate. You'd do your opinions more justice that way.

This is why the bf 'movement' is such a crock. You people would be much more successful if you weren't just in it to validate your own opinions.

It's okay. Really. Your choices are your own and you don't need to be a know it all self righteous moron to make them valid.

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet again, instead of participating in the discussion, you just fling shit about.  Which tells me you are incapable of it. It's ok. It's not my responsibility to help the terminally stupid.  Momniscient is only wishfully omniscient, not nearly as bright as she thinks she is, and pretty much a bitch who can't back her own assertions up.  Noted. 

If you are really too dense to understand (as a supposed cultural anthropologist). That different cultures see breast differently, particularly as it relates to breast feeding,I can't help you.   You just aren't all that bright, are you?   And what are ya doing with that degree? Popping out babies?  It's pretty dusty, isn't it?  And mostly book learning.

Skin is a sexual organ.  Please cover yours.  I'd doubt you'll turn anyone one, but we don't need more idiots in the gene pool. It's a good precaution.

Momniscient:

Omg.

You are serious aren't you?

Jesus you must love the interwebzzz.

You're lecturing to yourself.

And it's a stupid and completely off the mark lecture.

My god if you have an education you should ask for your money back.

Seriously, I don't even know what to make fun of first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then which part of the point are you missing?  Not everyone sees boobs while breastfeeding as sensual and not everyone has some pathological fear of seeing boobs?  In fact, in many societies, wearing chest coverings is seen as unnecessary.  Many sub Saharan or tropical cultures don't cover up at all.  Do you hide your ankles and wrists.

When you make the assertion "boobs are sexual", you are making broad statements.  The back is also sexual.  So is the neck.    Then you back pedaled and said "I meant MY boobs are sexual"

And I have worked broadly in rehabilitative medicine for many years.  I have also travelled broadly in cultures where sexuality is expressed differently.  My sister in law bathed with her kids as she was from the mountains in south America. I have been in bath pools in Japan.  And nude beaches in France.  One of my good friends (before she passed) was from Kenya.  My patients and friends have ranged from many cultures.  I have Lived in Asia and have relatives from South America.  

And I already broke down the argument.  Go back and re read it. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Interesting.

So your boobs are not errogenous zones meant to stimulate sexual desire.

Good to know. Mine are. Biology dictates that.

Could you point out where I was dictating my morality on you? You can run screaming through the streets with kids hanging off of every tit and I would just laugh.

BTW: I'm an anthropologist. I have a handle on cultural relativity and normative behavior. What is your specialty?

Your argument is I should wear a burqa because I think boobs are sexual? No? Cause it's hard to tiypoke a hole in rote trite bullshit that is spoonfed to the mommy crowd through the mommy wars.

Would you like to discuss cultural views of normative sexual behavior and 'natural' acts such as breastfeeding? I'd be more than happy to do so.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let me break it down for you sugar lumps since you clearly have a hard time following:

It you meant "MY boobs are sexual", you missed a pronoun. But that is just a total fail on your part.

Also, your sense of morality is not the only one that has ever existed. In fact across time and cultures there are vast disagreements on the sexuality of different body parts.

Just like a devout muslim has NO RIGHT in the us ( anon religious state) to dictate that you wear a burka in a public space, you have NO RIGHT to enforce your morality on others in public spaces.

But it's ok, sweetie, once you have caught up (and will give you time). You are free to try to poke an actual hole in the argument. That might be entertaining and informative.

Quoting Momniscient:

That may mean something if you had presented a logical and intelligent argument.

Egg is on someones face but it may just be the person who is screaming about burqas to someone who clearly stated that they breastfed and didn't cover up their titties. Nor did they find their titties something to be ashamed of.

Dumbass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Clearly, honey. Logical argument isn't for you.

Like most of the intellectually deficient .... When presented with an argument for which you have no response, you think turning to insults and belittling makes you look better.

Newsflash: it doesn't. You still have egg on your face.

Quoting Momniscient:

lol.

It's okay sweetie. *pats head and smiles encouragingly* We know that critical thought isn't for everyone.

keshiakesh
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I think extended bfing is a way for that mom to get off because the husband isn't paying the boobies any attention! I'm sorry, once that child gets teeth no more boobies for u lol
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Lol, you have clearly not done it.

For me, it is PAINFUL and makes me want to claw someone's eyes out. Seriously. Not something I would ever to do 'get off'. Not into that sort of thing. Maybe you are, but for me it is solely for the benefit if my child.

Quoting keshiakesh:

I think extended bfing is a way for that mom to get off because the husband isn't paying the boobies any attention! I'm sorry, once that child gets teeth no more boobies for u lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Do you realize  how stupid and offensive that statement is? You don't have to like extended breastfeeding, you don't have to practice it, but to say the mom is using it to get off? That's crossing the line.  

Quoting keshiakesh:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Good lord.
Take some comprehension classes too. I suspect you aren't even out of high school yet. They have classes like that in college. Even community college.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still talking?

Funny how you "could" rip it apart yet don't. Three times now you've referenced that. If you could rip it apart you would have by now.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

Sure thing toots.

I'd be happy to have a discussion if it were with someone who wasn't hellbent on lecturing to someone who is more informed and well rounded in an aspect that is totally irrelevant. You aren't even CLOSE to arguing with me. You're just yammering.

You should go take some critical thinking classes and practice debate. You'd do your opinions more justice that way.

This is why the bf 'movement' is such a crock. You people would be much more successful if you weren't just in it to validate your own opinions.

It's okay. Really. Your choices are your own and you don't need to be a know it all self righteous moron to make them valid.

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet again, instead of participating in the discussion, you just fling shit about.  Which tells me you are incapable of it. It's ok. It's not my responsibility to help the terminally stupid.  Momniscient is only wishfully omniscient, not nearly as bright as she thinks she is, and pretty much a bitch who can't back her own assertions up.  Noted. 

If you are really too dense to understand (as a supposed cultural anthropologist). That different cultures see breast differently, particularly as it relates to breast feeding,I can't help you.   You just aren't all that bright, are you?   And what are ya doing with that degree? Popping out babies?  It's pretty dusty, isn't it?  And mostly book learning.

Skin is a sexual organ.  Please cover yours.  I'd doubt you'll turn anyone one, but we don't need more idiots in the gene pool. It's a good precaution.

Momniscient:

Omg.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then which part of the point are you missing?  Not everyone sees boobs while breastfeeding as sensual and not everyone has some pathological fear of seeing boobs?  In fact, in many societies, wearing chest coverings is seen as unnecessary.  Many sub Saharan or tropical cultures don't cover up at all.  Do you hide your ankles and wrists.

When you make the assertion "boobs are sexual", you are making broad statements.  The back is also sexual.  So is the neck.    Then you back pedaled and said "I meant MY boobs are sexual"

And I have worked broadly in rehabilitative medicine for many years.  I have also travelled broadly in cultures where sexuality is expressed differently.  My sister in law bathed with her kids as she was from the mountains in south America. I have been in bath pools in Japan.  And nude beaches in France.  One of my good friends (before she passed) was from Kenya.  My patients and friends have ranged from many cultures.  I have Lived in Asia and have relatives from South America.  

Quoting Momniscient:

Interesting.

Could you point out where I was dictating my morality on you? You can run screaming through the streets with kids hanging off of every tit and I would just laugh.

BTW: I'm an anthropologist. I have a handle on cultural relativity and normative behavior. What is your specialty?

Your argument is I should wear a burqa because I think boobs are sexual? No? Cause it's hard to tiypoke a hole in rote trite bullshit that is spoonfed to the mommy crowd through the mommy wars.

Would you like to discuss cultural views of normative sexual behavior and 'natural' acts such as breastfeeding? I'd be more than happy to do so.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let me break it down for you sugar lumps since you clearly have a hard time following:

It you meant "MY boobs are sexual", you missed a pronoun. But that is just a total fail on your part.

Also, your sense of morality is not the only one that has ever existed. In fact across time and cultures there are vast disagreements on the sexuality of different body parts.

Just like a devout muslim has NO RIGHT in the us ( anon religious state) to dictate that you wear a burka in a public space, you have NO RIGHT to enforce your morality on others in public spaces.

But it's ok, sweetie, once you have caught up (and will give you time). You are free to try to poke an actual hole in the argument. That might be entertaining and informative.

Quoting Momniscient:

That may mean something if you had presented a logical and intelligent argument.

Egg is on someones face but it may just be the person who is screaming about burqas to someone who clearly stated that they breastfed and didn't cover up their titties. Nor did they find their titties something to be ashamed of.

Dumbass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like most of the intellectually deficient .... When presented with an argument for which you have no response, you think turning to insults and belittling makes you look better.

Quoting Momniscient:

lol.

It's okay sweetie. *pats head and smiles encouragingly* We know that critical thought isn't for everyone.

Scottishbrat33
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I think that's strange.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Still all talk no action. Clearly your degree was mail order. Still no "ripping it apart". Funny that.

Ongoing assessment: momniacient is mean but not all that bright. Doesn't live up to the hype in the name.

Quoting Momniscient:

Good lord.

Take some comprehension classes too. I suspect you aren't even out of high school yet. They have classes like that in college. Even community college.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still talking?

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

Sure thing toots.

Quoting Anonymous:

Momniscient:

Omg.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Momniscient:

Interesting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Momniscient:

Dumbass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Momniscient:

lol.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I havent' figured out your argument in order to pick it apart.

That boobs aren't sexual?

Well that's just stupid. Biology dictates that boobs ARE indeed sexual otherwise they wouldn't have sensitive nerve endings and be an errogenous zone that evolutionarily speaking has a lot to do with reproductive selection (selection being a biological term in this sense not a conscious choice). Boobs are a means of signalling to a body sexual desire. As well as attracting the opposite sex. In fact there are a lot of biologists (ooooh peer reviewed and vetted even) who will suggest that it is as scientifically accurate to state that boobs evolved as a sexual signalling device as it is to claim they evolved to feed kids.  Boobs are sexual and they feed things. To claim that boobs are not sexual is merely dichotomizing the issue in the exact same way that those who claim that boobs should never be flung about while a kid is attached are doing.

It's silly and counterproductive. Your boobs, my boobs, Condoleeza Rice's boobs, Mother Mary's boobs and Queen Victoria's boobs are sexual. What I said was don't try to desexualize MY boobs because you are a breastfeeding nazi.

You are taking issue with the sexualization of boobs in a puritanical context. Boobs are sexual AND they feed the spawn of humans. I don't put my tits on hiatus because I have a kid stuck to them. And to try to tell women they have to desexualize their tits for the duration of breastfeeding is silly and puritanical. No wonder America doesn't extended breastfeed like some parts of the world if they have to view their own anatomy in such a black and white way.

You keep bringing up sub saharan Africa and other such developing parts of the world. Do you really think they desexualize the tit? Have you LIVED in these parts of the world? I have not been to sub saharan africa but I have traveled extensively in the Andes and have lived in Europe and I can assure you that they ACCEPT that tits are both sensual and functional.

Why are you pigeonholing the almighty holy boob?

Quoting Anonymous:

Still all talk no action. Clearly your degree was mail order. Still no "ripping it apart". Funny that.

Ongoing assessment: momniacient is mean but not all that bright. Doesn't live up to the hype in the name.

Quoting Momniscient:

Good lord.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still talking?

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

Sure thing toots.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I'm a grown woman, but the only women I feel that comfortable seeing their naked breasts are ones I CHOOSE to see, not ones that are shown to me without consent. Feed your child, by all means, do it in public, but is a cover really that horrible to consider?

Please kindly cover your face while you eat, nobody should have to see your disgusting face being stuffed with food.

And kindly cover your hands too, ya know and your eyes, oh and lips! Those are all things you use during sexual acts and I don't care to sexualized my children with them!

Rude & ridiculous huh? That's how you sound.

Wow Anon, could you have responded her comment and question in a more tactless manner? I certainly do not see the need for such hostility. 

Now hollydaze1974, in response to your question "but is a cover really that horrible to consider?" I, personally, believe that at times it is quite uncofertable for both parties (mom and baby): if it's hot outside the little one may not appriacte the added heat and itchiness of a blanket over their head, some children are simply more resistent and simply won't feed under those conditions, also many mothers love and deeply appreciate the amazing bonding moments which occur during feedings.

I use to love holding my little girl's hand or rubbing her head while she nursed and always wanted to be able to observe her behavior. I find that it is a bit unreasonable to demand that women cover their children and that it furthers notions of discomfort and embarrasement which will ineveitably affect the baby and feedings (because just as we pick up on their cues they equally sense ours). 

Lastly, I would also like to acquiesce that mothers also must show some respect for others and their surroundings. There is no need to be overtly ostentatious about your right to BF anywhere and everywhere; it is that attitude that contrbutes to certain anit-BFing sentiments. I firmly believe if people were more humble about their personal child-rearing choices, they would face significantly less opposition from others. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)