Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know what's even MORE strange than extended breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Grown woman who's offended by breasts.

Very Unnatural.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (571-580):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I kind of hope you aren't American. Because if you are you are the poster child for the stereotypical view of why our populace is seen as beyond broken in the educated thought realm. . .

You are really just ass speaking. I would say (again) that you need to educate yourself but it is obvious that your brain doesn't handle much more thought beyond banal observations and simple minded musings.

Shrugs. I'm not in the market to teach you how to be a productive thinker. I just think it's funny to watch you chase your tail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Talking about yourself are ya?

You are trying to impose your view of breasts as perpetually sexual and always needing to be seen that way, despite the fact that in several contexts it isn't true. Example: bathing in a public bathhouse in Japan where the entire body despite being fully on display for a brief moment is considered to be BATHING. You would get groped on the subway more often, despite the body being fully clothed.

From an evolutionary standpoint, the primary purpose of hands is for hunting and gathering, yet, when you are typing this drivel, you are not retrieving food in any way.

The primary purpose of a mouth is for breathing and eating, yet it can also be used for speaking and sex. It's wonderful how the body is multipurpose. Shall we all cover our mouths because ONE of the purposes is sexual?

Oh, I forgot your parents didn't teach you how to have a real conversation.

You STILL stoopid.

Quoting Momniscient:

With advocates like you... formula companies don't even need to spend money. Jeeeesus. You are like the poster child for what gives the LLL their title of breastfeeding douchebags of the world.

No wonder American women don't breastfeed in droves. You'd make any rational person want to do the opposite of whatever it is you think you know something about.

PS dear the validation thing is ironically amusing seeing as how I actually run around telling sanctimommies they just need validation because they are insecure in their trendy adherence to the newest and bestest fads. lol.

And yes, arrogant morons who can't see past their own smug spoonfed and hackneyed opinions and just preach preach preach with zero actual thought bring out the caustic bitch in me. It amuses me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If that is the case then what possible problem could you have had with the point that different cultures do NOT VIEW women's breast as sexual during breastfeeding and that other body parts have been treated as "sexual" in the past or in different cultures.

Do you just get insulting and bitchy when someone points out that the statement. "Boobs are sexual". Is not necessarily true? Because when they are used for breastfeeding they are NOT sexual to many people and many cultures.

Maybe you want to think twice before being a biotch. And actually read.

Since I actually agree with the premise of the original post (that women who find boobs offensive are stranger than extended breastfeeding) I haven't minded keeping it bumped to the top.

If you feel that way, wtf with the breastfeeding nazis comment. You really are confused.

At this point, you are either arguing against your own stance (by insisting that boobs are always sexual and must always be viewed that way). Or you simply cannot bear that anyone has a different view than yours.

You have shown on this thread that you can't simply be part of a conversation, you just run about looking for validation. And cannot stand anyone presenting a different viewpoint than you. I see that as a significant character weakness for you. You must not have many friends. Do you run about in real life doing this?

In short "you still stoopid".

Quoting Momniscient:

WHAT INHIBITIONS? You are so hellbent on preaching that you don't read?

I BREASTFEED AND DON'T COVER. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER WITH BOOBS BEING SEXUAL AND FUNCTIONAL. MY TITS ARE WONDERFUL AND I WILL VIEW THEM AS FUN BAGS EVEN WHILE I HAVE NURSING AGE CHILDREN.

As far as boobs and evolutionary biology... google dear. Just google. Something reputable and sciency since I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know an academic library if it ran you over.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't claim skin was a sexual organ. I said if the criterion you are using is desire or nerve endings, skin is more a sexual organ than breasts are.

But since you don't understand couterpoint and Are clearly on the low end of the class

Since all you are doing is trying to force your inhibitions on others, you WOULD disagree. YOU are more than free to hide in a corner anytime. I will feed my kids as I see fit. And it is really more Nazi like to force ones opinion others than to say "avert your eyes if it makes you uncomfortable".

These are the same tired arguments once used when women wore pants or swim suits. "Holy cow, men will get driven mad with desire, cover women up. Sorry, sister, the world moved on". But you are welcome to stay in the 1900s and wear silly shocked looks when women feed their kids.

But since juvenile responses seem all you are capable of "you stoopid". I'll just stay with that since as noted before, it's not required of me to educate terminally stupid people. We'll just legislate you out.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crissysworld
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM

So you think its right wishing that on a woman wanting a child? I am sure you wouldn't like it being wished upon your children when they are older or women in your family. Just because someone does not want to see another woman's breast does not make her unbalance. Now if a woman keeps reproducing and can't take care of them then that is a whole different story.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Yes, so the world cam be full of even more unbalanced people.

Quoting crissysworld:

That's not right. Wishing someone doesn't have a child is completely wrong. Now if they didn't take care of their children I could see that.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Let's hope they don't! XD

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Nothing like being ashamed or bothered by your own anatomy. How do people like that reproduce?

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating  . We lost our first baby at 6 weeks along May of 2011. We are Foster Parents hoping to adopt.

Shukas86
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Boobs are boobs.
eleni1010
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM

my sister is like that. totally weirded out when i told her i was still b/f my daughter when she was 7 months old. she told me something along the lines of: its weird enough shoving your nipple inside your new borns mouth but now she's 7 she has TEETH!!! gross!! I'm never breastfeeding!!! I was shocked, she actually walked away from me when i started breastfeeding at the mall. we were in a quiet area of the food court, we had finished our lunch in quietness (baby was sleeping) and while my son 2yr old, finished his lunch i started feeding my daughter and my sister said gross do u have to do that here? and walked away. :-o

bellygirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM

There's a difference between being offended by someone's behavior, where their breasts are concerned, and just being offended by boobs.  My BFF and I were sitting in a bar having a cocktail, talking to some guy friends and some chick walked up and began talking to them.  She then pulled up her shirt grabbed and shook her boobs and said, "What do you think of these?"  Now that's offensive, and nasty. 

rh94836
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I find it funny that those who r the most offended r the ones that stare most!
Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I would just like to say that as an AMERICAN woman I truly and 100% support any woman that breastfeeds in public with a cover or not a cover and I also support any woman who breastfeeds a child over a year old. I do know, that in America breasts are viewed as just sexual objects and not a means to feed a child and I am damn near sick of it. I don't care if a woman pulls out her breast and feeds her baby in a park, grocery store, mall, coffee shop, or a restaurant. My son is still breastfed at 11 months and I am very tired of feeling uncomfortable about how I feed my child. I don't want to be generalized and put in the pile of American woman who are offended by breasts and what they're made for.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

You're taking it out of context, I said someone who is ashamed of their own body and makes a big deal about someone breast feeding in public is unbalanced, you're just not paying attention. And if we're going with the words you're trying to put in my mouth, if someone were to wish that I or my children not have children because we're offended by breasts that wouldn't happen because we're not, I'm only offended by the way women have been turned into nothing more then sex objects. I'm not against female empowerment or feeling good or sexy about yourself, I'm against people not seeing that women are more than that and I think that's why people get so pissed about public breast feeding because they can't get back to the fact that it's a natural part of life and not something sexual.

Quoting crissysworld:

So you think its right wishing that on a woman wanting a child? I am sure you wouldn't like it being wished upon your children when they are older or women in your family. Just because someone does not want to see another woman's breast does not make her unbalance. Now if a woman keeps reproducing and can't take care of them then that is a whole different story.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Yes, so the world cam be full of even more unbalanced people.

Quoting crissysworld:

That's not right. Wishing someone doesn't have a child is completely wrong. Now if they didn't take care of their children I could see that.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Let's hope they don't! XD

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Nothing like being ashamed or bothered by your own anatomy. How do people like that reproduce?

CafeMom Tickers

crissysworld
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I think the reason women are turned into sex objects its because of the way so many dress to provocative. I just don't want to see it because to me it's something private between a mother and a baby not for the world to see. There are so many things that should be kept private and it is brought out for everyone to see. We do teach that there are two ways to feed a child and that they are both choices, so it's not like my stepson and our future children won't know either. I think if more parents taught that, that so many kids wouldn't be like omg what are they doing. After running into a woman in Target with her complete breast hanging out, I had to explain to my stepson. Which really wasn't my place but when a child sees it and completely freaks out.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

You're taking it out of context, I said someone who is ashamed of their own body and makes a big deal about someone breast feeding in public is unbalanced, you're just not paying attention. And if we're going with the words you're trying to put in my mouth, if someone were to wish that I or my children not have children because we're offended by breasts that wouldn't happen because we're not, I'm only offended by the way women have been turned into nothing more then sex objects. I'm not against female empowerment or feeling good or sexy about yourself, I'm against people not seeing that women are more than that and I think that's why people get so pissed about public breast feeding because they can't get back to the fact that it's a natural part of life and not something sexual.

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating  . We lost our first baby at 6 weeks along May of 2011. We are Foster Parents hoping to adopt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured