Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what's even MORE strange than extended breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Grown woman who's offended by breasts.

Very Unnatural.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (581-590):
Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

When I talk about breast feeding in public, I'm not talking about letting it all hang out, I just mean don't flip out even if I'm covered. Some women are made to feel ashamed that they're doing what's best for their baby and that's just plain wrong. I'm not bothered by it if somone isn't showing any modesty when breast feeding, but I prefer it to be covered and that doesn't mean wearing a hot cover or blanket, there are ways to breast feed in public without anyone seeing because if I can do it anyone can.

Quoting crissysworld:

I think the reason women are turned into sex objects its because of the way so many dress to provocative. I just don't want to see it because to me it's something private between a mother and a baby not for the world to see. There are so many things that should be kept private and it is brought out for everyone to see. We do teach that there are two ways to feed a child and that they are both choices, so it's not like my stepson and our future children won't know either. I think if more parents taught that, that so many kids wouldn't be like omg what are they doing. After running into a woman in Target with her complete breast hanging out, I had to explain to my stepson. Which really wasn't my place but when a child sees it and completely freaks out.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

You're taking it out of context, I said someone who is ashamed of their own body and makes a big deal about someone breast feeding in public is unbalanced, you're just not paying attention. And if we're going with the words you're trying to put in my mouth, if someone were to wish that I or my children not have children because we're offended by breasts that wouldn't happen because we're not, I'm only offended by the way women have been turned into nothing more then sex objects. I'm not against female empowerment or feeling good or sexy about yourself, I'm against people not seeing that women are more than that and I think that's why people get so pissed about public breast feeding because they can't get back to the fact that it's a natural part of life and not something sexual.

CafeMom Tickers

crissysworld
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Yes, because if they are not showing anything but being discrete with or without a blanket. No biggie then, it's when they have their whole breast hanging out because that is just not right.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

When I talk about breast feeding in public, I'm not talking about letting it all hang out, I just mean don't flip out even if I'm covered. Some women are made to feel ashamed that they're doing what's best for their baby and that's just plain wrong. I'm not bothered by it if somone isn't showing any modesty when breast feeding, but I prefer it to be covered and that doesn't mean wearing a hot cover or blanket, there are ways to breast feed in public without anyone seeing because if I can do it anyone can.

Quoting crissysworld:

I think the reason women are turned into sex objects its because of the way so many dress to provocative. I just don't want to see it because to me it's something private between a mother and a baby not for the world to see. There are so many things that should be kept private and it is brought out for everyone to see. We do teach that there are two ways to feed a child and that they are both choices, so it's not like my stepson and our future children won't know either. I think if more parents taught that, that so many kids wouldn't be like omg what are they doing. After running into a woman in Target with her complete breast hanging out, I had to explain to my stepson. Which really wasn't my place but when a child sees it and completely freaks out.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

You're taking it out of context, I said someone who is ashamed of their own body and makes a big deal about someone breast feeding in public is unbalanced, you're just not paying attention. And if we're going with the words you're trying to put in my mouth, if someone were to wish that I or my children not have children because we're offended by breasts that wouldn't happen because we're not, I'm only offended by the way women have been turned into nothing more then sex objects. I'm not against female empowerment or feeling good or sexy about yourself, I'm against people not seeing that women are more than that and I think that's why people get so pissed about public breast feeding because they can't get back to the fact that it's a natural part of life and not something sexual.

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating  . We lost our first baby at 6 weeks along May of 2011. We are Foster Parents hoping to adopt.

Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM

But by law it is their legal right in some states.

Quoting crissysworld:

Yes, because if they are not showing anything but being discrete with or without a blanket. No biggie then, it's when they have their whole breast hanging out because that is just not right.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Quoting crissysworld:

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

trz031407
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I had a hard time breast feeding in public. I really regret having the nervousness about breast feeding my daughter all together. I had to hide away at family events even because I didn't want to offend someone. It was hard and definitely part of the reason we stopped at 9 months. I regret it SO much. Some people were okay with me feeding around them (I covered up!) but some people didn't get it and thought I was gross. (yes, even some mothers).

Ugh. Typing that out made me want to cry. If I have another baby down the line, I know what I need to do and everyone else can f*** off. My daughter had a much better start to life than my bottle fed son who never tasted a lick of breast milk. He was sick ALL the time his first 4 years of life. Now he is getting a little better (age 5) and as she is 18 months now , she has yet to have a sickness at all. I feel like I neglected my son by not breast feeding him... Endangered even... but I can only move forward from my mistakes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crissysworld
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yeah but it shows the maturity level of the mom.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

But by law it is their legal right in some states.

Quoting crissysworld:

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

Quoting crissysworld:

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating  . We lost our first baby at 6 weeks along May of 2011. We are Foster Parents hoping to adopt.

crissysworld
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting trz031407:

I had a hard time breast feeding in public. I really regret having the nervousness about breast feeding my daughter all together. I had to hide away at family events even because I didn't want to offend someone. It was hard and definitely part of the reason we stopped at 9 months. I regret it SO much. Some people were okay with me feeding around them (I covered up!) but some people didn't get it and thought I was gross. (yes, even some mothers).

Ugh. Typing that out made me want to cry. If I have another baby down the line, I know what I need to do and everyone else can f*** off. My daughter had a much better start to life than my bottle fed son who never tasted a lick of breast milk. He was sick ALL the time his first 4 years of life. Now he is getting a little better (age 5) and as she is 18 months now , she has yet to have a sickness at all. I feel like I neglected my son by not breast feeding him... Endangered even... but I can only move forward from my mistakes.

See neither my brother or I were breastfed but I was a sick child and he wasn't. I know others who breastfed two kids nad one was a healthy child and one was sick. I think it depends on the child and their immune system. But for someone to say gross, wow. My childhood bff breastfed her son but chose to go to another room. It was a private thing for her she said but even if she would have fed him in front of me I wouldn't say anything negative to her.

BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Really you don't see why it would be mentally unhealthy for a 4-7 year old to be still nursing at the breast?

I don't think there is any benefit for a child honestly past the age of one to still be on the breast or the bottle.

Quoting wyldebtrfly:

I'm an extended breastfeeder, my 8 year old doesn't nurse. My 5 year old doesn't nurse. 

Extended breastfeeding means 'beyond one year' or past infancy.

...that being said, if breastmilk still has benefits even for a 7 year old, then what would the difference be between putting it in a cup or not?

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Sorry but I think the women who are doing extended breast feeding are creating a bunch of messed up kids. There is no reason to have a 7 year old still breast feeding.

Imagine if you saw a 7 or 8 year old sucking on a bottle everyone would jump all over that mother. It's the same thing. If you want you child to have the benefits of breast milk put it in a cup. It's the mothers who have the problem.

Hyman
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Well I agree to an extent. I never would have known that some women have fears and insecurities based on sexual experiences that happened in their lives - like molest or rape- in regards to body parts like breasts.

So I get it. I will be more sensitive bc really it's not my place to wonder why a woman fears or finds breasts offensive. It's sad IMO. So I'm not offended.
marihla
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

It said this post was new! No joke.

Mashnut3161
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)