Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what's even MORE strange than extended breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Grown woman who's offended by breasts.

Very Unnatural.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (61-70):
LectioDivina
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No No, 

It is in fact a legal right to breastfeed in public,

It's a want for the other woman not to see it

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't have equal rights for two people with wants that way. The law states that women may breastfeed, it doesn't state that everyone needs to like it. I can walk away, she can choose not to bear her entire breast and feed a 4th grader. It's all about WANTS after all ;)

Quoting LectioDivina:

Sure they have a right not to want to see it... They also have the right to walk away...what they do not have the right of is to try and stop that woman from feeding her child.

Quoting Anonymous:

They're allowed that want and strangers sitting nearby have the right to not want to see it.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Look, you want to breast feed your seven year old, knock yourself out, but it doesn't need to be a spectator sport!

Need being the key word there...

Nothing NEEDS to happen... they don't have to feed their kid, they don't have to stop it from crying, they don't even have to feed them table food at the mall if they don't want to...

But they want to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No No,

We're talking about the woman breastfeeding wanting the people around her to not be disgusted by what she's doing. The law says that she can do it, there is nothing in there about the world having to like it. No one HAS to like it when the woman next to them fully exposes herself and then feeds an elementary school kid. She WANTS them to.

Quoting LectioDivina:

No No, 

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I can find more important things to worry about than another woman's breasts and what she chooses to do with them.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM

That's not what we're talking about...no one said they didn't want women to dislike what they're doing

I said it's strange to be a grown woman who's offended by breasts, it is.

keep disliking it, I don't care... It's just really odd

Quoting Anonymous:

No No,

We're talking about the woman breastfeeding wanting the people around her to not be disgusted by what she's doing. The law says that she can do it, there is nothing in there about the world having to like it. No one HAS to like it when the woman next to them fully exposes herself and then feeds an elementary school kid. She WANTS them to.

Quoting LectioDivina:

No No, 

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe it's just me, but I've see more skin showing on half naked teenage girls parading around the mall than I have with a mother breastfeeding her child.

My MIL used to get her panties all in a wad when I would nurse my kids when they were babies. It blew my mind because you literally couldn't see ANYTHING when I was nursing except the back of the baby's head. Yet, it was perfectly acceptable for her teenage granddaughters to prance around in shirts that were so low cut, the only part of the boob that was actually covered was the nipple, and shorts so short you could almost tell what their grooming habits were.

MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Yes you can. I have the right to breastfeed anywhere I am allowed to be, you have the right to look where ever you wish. If you stare at someone for too long it can be taken as sexual harassment. Everyone has a right to eat any where, any time, from birth to death. Being uncomfortable doesn't infringe on your rights.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't have equal rights for two people with WANTS that way. 

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

look elsewhere, problem solved.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

My hero.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Personally, I can find more important things to worry about than another woman's breasts and what she chooses to do with them.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

You're re-wording what I'm saying but it still means the same thing. It's okay to want to breastfeed your child until they're in college...the law even says that you can do it in public if you'd like. But it's also okay for the people around you to think wtf and barf in their mouths. It's not some weird hatred for breasts, it's looking over and seeing a stranger completely expose hers and then use them to feed a 4th grader. But yes, to each their own and I'm willing to agree to disagree.

Quoting LectioDivina:

That's not what we're talking about...no one said they didn't want women to dislike what they're doing

I said it's strange to be a grown woman who's offended by breasts, it is.

keep disliking it, I don't care... It's just really odd

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

But apparently feeling uncomfortable means that you have a misogynistic hatred of breasts. The law states that women can breastfeed, it doesn't state that the people sitting around that have to like it. Being disturbed by a woman fully exposing herself and then feeding an elementary school child (the example Dzyre used and we've been going with it) has nothing to do with hating every breast in the world. 

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Yes you can. I have the right to breastfeed anywhere I am allowed to be, you have the right to look where ever you wish. If you stare at someone for too long it can be taken as sexual harassment. Everyone has a right to eat any where, any time, from birth to death. Being uncomfortable doesn't infringe on your rights.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)