Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lazy SAHMs .....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 247 Replies
12 moms liked this

Why?! I have seen posts on here where SAHMs say they sit around and don't do anything because they "don't feel like it" or they're too tired, etc. I am a SAHM and I absolutely could NOT do that. Believe me, I have tried. lol. But if I even let the house go for one day, it drives me crazy. I usually end up cleaning at night if I let it go during the day because I just don't like to live in a dirty house. I can't stand having a sink full of dishes and having shit laying around everywhere.

AND... the main thing .... my DH works 6 days a week, sometimes 12 hours a day. So I feel like the LEAST I can do is keep the damn house clean and have dinner ready when he gets home!

What is the point of being a SAHM if you aren't doing anything productive? If you are going to be home all day anyway, what is your excuse for not keeping your house in order?  Does your DH complain about you not doing anything or is he okay with it?

If it is just one day here and there because you don't feel good, fine. Everyone has those days. But I am talking about the ones who are like this EVERY day.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM

bump

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I could never live in filth. I freak out over a dirty spoon in the sink.. Thats said i have learned to turn the OCD(I do not really have it LOL ) down and take some me time. 

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
4 moms liked this
I hate house cleaning.

I'm here to take care of the kids. Not be a maid.

He doesn't complain. It's time to hire a housekeeper though.

Eta. My house is not filthy. But it is messy. Dishes aren't left in the sink. Trash isn't everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Are you serious? Who cleans? Do you make him do it when he gets home from work?

Quoting QueenBof6:

I hate house cleaning.

I'm here to take care of the kids. Not be a maid.

He doesn't complain. It's time to hire a housekeeper though.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
But they say its such hard work......

Lol
Im a nite owl and i do most at nite after the kids come home from school homework cook
That way in the morning i have beds bathrooms and morning dishes to do
And have the rest of the day to do what i want even work
Its all in how you manage it
Routine is key
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I think everyone has a lazy day here and there. We're all human. SAHM or FTWM and anything else in-between. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I haven't cleaned or anything since Saturday. I first had a sinus infection and now I have the flu. I can barely get enough energy to take our son to school, do the dishes and at least sweep. My husband doesn't say anything since he knows how sick I am. I also hate cleaning but do it because I have to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I know... that's what I said. I understand if it's just one day every now and then... but every day....?! That is when I think it is ridiculous.

Quoting LyTe684:

I think everyone has a lazy day here and there. We're all human. SAHM or FTWM and anything else in-between. ;)

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM
7 moms liked this
I busted my ass yesterday. Today I get to do a few things and be done for the day. :)
When I say I am lazy it means I may not do the bathrooms or make the beds. Everything else is done. My house isn't dirty to begin with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM

eh, I am craptacular at doing the dishes, I let them sit overnight lol. I find myself to be pretty productive, although hubby sometimes complains I am on here too much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN