Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You think youre poor S/O**edit

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its funny that a lot of people were complaining about never having meat with thier spaggitti.

I haven't ate in 3 days. Why? Because they wont give me foodstamps for 3 months because I didnt report that my DH worked(I sent in the paper they never got it) My kids have been eating beans and rice for awhile now. I'm going to try to get on WIC but my appointment isnt until next week. Then we will be able to eat bread, eggs etc. But its most likely that my kids will get it. I dont have a car to get to food pantries and no friends to help. Life sucks.

(Btw im using my brothers ipod and my neighbors internet)

1. My brother is 14 and he didnt tell my mother
2. My mother hates me. I remind her off my dad.
3. How am I scamming people? Did I ask for anything? NO.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
just_hc
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I did the same thing!   I fed my son and ate what he had left. A few spoonfuls of spagehettio's or the rest of his sandwich.  I lost 50lbs in a month!   That seems like a lifetime ago.  He's 17 now and thankfully was are in a much better situation these days. 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Yep. Been there, done that. When my oldest was little, I was a single mama working 50 hrs a week just to pay the bills and put food in her mouth. I ate her scraps when she was done. (like the crust from the bread). But, hey, I lost 30 pounds! :) I'm sorry you're in this situation. Hope you find a way to pull through and move up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Beans and rice is better than nothing, I ate that a lot growing up.
just_hc
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I know Kroger throws away a ton of food also.  My grandma's church made a deal with them to take what they were thowing out and they stock their food pantry with it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I'm sorry , we are in about the same position!
Sarafinn2012
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, me too. I met my wonderful DH about a year and a half after becoming a single mom. He helped me out and bought me groceries even though I demanded he not! (when we first met) He brought me a box of diapers and 3 bags of groceries. I tried to refuse, but he left them at my doorstep on his way to work. :) We got married 2 years later and ended up having 3 more babies! It's now been 8 years.

Quoting just_hc:

I did the same thing!   I fed my son and ate what he had left. A few spoonfuls of spagehettio's or the rest of his sandwich.  I lost 50lbs in a month!   That seems like a lifetime ago.  He's 17 now and thankfully was are in a much better situation these days. 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Yep. Been there, done that. When my oldest was little, I was a single mama working 50 hrs a week just to pay the bills and put food in her mouth. I ate her scraps when she was done. (like the crust from the bread). But, hey, I lost 30 pounds! :) I'm sorry you're in this situation. Hope you find a way to pull through and move up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Ramen duh

SharonHernandez
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Im sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I'm having a hard time believing they would cut you off for three months. I forgot to send in my 6 month report and they cut me off completely I had to reapply.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

where do you live?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So, your 14 year old brother lives with you?  Your parents disowned him, also?

Quoting Anonymous:

my parents disowned me and all my friends moved away. I live in shady neighborhood so asking a neighbor would be a bad idea. Im going to have to walk the 5 miles up there on sunday to get it. Its just hard with two kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

food pantry? Ask a friend or neighbor for help? I know that if you were my friend and things were really that bad for you and your kids I would definitely take you to the grocery store and get you some food, no need to pay me back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)