Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am freaking FUMING!!!!** Am I being OVER dramatic here???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
Today was the awards ceremony at school. My son received Student of the Month. I was BEYOND excited to attend and see him get his award.

My ex and I Share custody, and he had the boys last night.

I arrived to the school before my ex and my boys. My ex brought the kids LATE! They arrive and I ask him, all the while rushing the kids out of his truck, why he was late. We rush in and I walk my son into the "auditorium" where the classes meet before class begins. I walk him to his class section, and he has a seat.

They had the projection screen up and were talking through the mic. The lady announces. "Oh Brycen, here is your award. We announced your name earlier, but you weren't here.."

OMG. I was livid! Not only did my ex bring him to school late, he missed his award!!

My son is 6... Yeah yeah, some might say its "no big deal", but to me.. It IS. My ex is late to EVERYTHING!!!

He was late pickin me up on our first date, and he was late to the birth of our child!!

He never wants our children to be normal children. He says they don't need friends, they only need their family. When we were married, he wanted me to homeschool them!! He doesn't want them involved in ANY type of sport, or any type of social event. He even tried to fight me in court about keeping our children out of this school.

I am so f-ing fed up, its unreal.

I told him I was pissed bc he was late.. And he just laughed in my face...

Am I being a bit dramatic here??!!

Ok. I have explained in my replies WHY I didn't just keep my sons last night, and WHY I couldn't pick them up this morning...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Tardiness is by far my biggest pet peeve. I could never date someone who was late without a good excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I know!! I cannot stand it!!!

I am beyond mad.. I wish he would just go away and make my life that much easier!!

There is FAR more to this story than what I just wrote!! Ughhhhh

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Tardiness is by far my biggest pet peeve. I could never date someone who was late without a good excuse.

haunted.mommy
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM

No especially when he was getting an award and missed it what a fucking ass hole!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

NO that is very important to your son. There was simply no reason other than poor planning or not caring on your Exs part. How sad this was probably your son 1st Big moment. Hugs momma I'd be pissed too.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I understand :(
Don't worry, though, he's got a mom that loves and cares for him more than anything! Did you tell your ex what a shitty dad he was?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am beyond mad.. I wish he would just go away and make my life that much easier!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
It was his big moment to shine!!

I just lost it in the car when I was talkin to my mother.. I burst out into tears.. It so unfair. His first big achievement in his little life, and he misses it bc of his careless, irresponsible, selfish father!!!

Thank You...

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

NO that is very important to your son. There was simply no reason other than poor planning or not caring on your Exs part. How sad this was probably your son 1st Big moment. Hugs momma I'd be pissed too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I told him a few things, but of course he put the blame on ME. Jerk

And to top it off.. Bc he was so rushed, (my son) when they took photos for the year book, right when they finished and everyone kinda separated and began walking away, I noticed my sons certificate was BACKWARDS! So now, his picture in the year book will show him with a backwards certificate. I am sooo beyond hurt and mad and sooo sad for my baby :(

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I understand :(

Don't worry, though, he's got a mom that loves and cares for him more than anything! Did you tell your ex what a shitty dad he was?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I know.. He is an asshole!! Hate him!

Quoting haunted.mommy:

No especially when he was getting an award and missed it what a fucking ass hole!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this

I understand being upset, I just think you're making it a bigger deal then it is. You dated, then married a man, had children with him and knew he was always late to things. Why would today be any different? Did you call him to make sure they were running on time? Maybe gone over yourself and picked up the kids?

I have a few friends who are chronically late so we always tell them a half hour earlier then they are really needed. Try that from now on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I told him over 6 times NOT to be late.. I told him how important today was..
I told him in texts and over the phone. I spoke to him over the phone this morning, and he told me he had already left his house.. I live 15 min away from the school, he live 10. There was no reason at all why he should've been late. He was being careless.. As always..

He only cares about himself. Point blank.

Ughh.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I understand being upset, I just think you're making it a bigger deal then it is. You dated, then married a man, had children with him and knew he was always late to things. Why would today be any different? Did you call him to make sure they were running on time? Maybe gone over yourself and picked up the kids?

I have a few friends who are chronically late so we always tell them a half hour earlier then they are really needed. Try that from now on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)