Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am freaking FUMING!!!!** Am I being OVER dramatic here???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today was the awards ceremony at school. My son received Student of the Month. I was BEYOND excited to attend and see him get his award.

My ex and I Share custody, and he had the boys last night.

I arrived to the school before my ex and my boys. My ex brought the kids LATE! They arrive and I ask him, all the while rushing the kids out of his truck, why he was late. We rush in and I walk my son into the "auditorium" where the classes meet before class begins. I walk him to his class section, and he has a seat.

They had the projection screen up and were talking through the mic. The lady announces. "Oh Brycen, here is your award. We announced your name earlier, but you weren't here.."

OMG. I was livid! Not only did my ex bring him to school late, he missed his award!!

My son is 6... Yeah yeah, some might say its "no big deal", but to me.. It IS. My ex is late to EVERYTHING!!!

He was late pickin me up on our first date, and he was late to the birth of our child!!

He never wants our children to be normal children. He says they don't need friends, they only need their family. When we were married, he wanted me to homeschool them!! He doesn't want them involved in ANY type of sport, or any type of social event. He even tried to fight me in court about keeping our children out of this school.

I am so f-ing fed up, its unreal.

I told him I was pissed bc he was late.. And he just laughed in my face...

Am I being a bit dramatic here??!!

Ok. I have explained in my replies WHY I didn't just keep my sons last night, and WHY I couldn't pick them up this morning...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Yeah, my ex is an A**hole too. I'm sorry your ex couldnt see past himself to make his son happy. Maybe take your son out for an ice cream to celebrate and make him happy that way?

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately.. I cannot keep the kids on his nights. We go to trial in February to rule on custody and child support. If I kept them on HIS night, I could get in trouble, and he could say, like he has before.. "I'm keeping him away from his kids"

He is an ultimate douch bag. Sadly..

Quoting Anonymous:

If you knew he was always late for everything, you should have had your son stay at your house last night. Not only the ex's fault since you already know his behavior. Sorry for the boy though :(

CutieCrab
by Jen on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I was about to come in here and say 'yes you are' but no your not!!! I would be livid too! These things are important.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

The fact that he was late for your first date shows what kind of person he was.

It never would have gone beyond that first date for me....sorry, no help here.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes. You knew this was going to happen, yet rather than switching nights you let it happen. If he's late to EVERYTHING why on Earth did you think he'd be on time for this?

In the grand scheme of things, its a fly on the wall and you are trying to hit it with a wet noodle. What's done is done and you getting all worked up is not going to change it. Ten years from now, your son won't care, so why should you?

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I would not get that upset about it if it really has been going on that long.

Yes, he's a jerk, but unfortunately until you can get a judge to end shared custody he will be a part of your life.

THis is my rule for dealing with unreliable people:  Don't rely on them.   It's really very simple.

What I would do is NEVER rely on him to show up on time.   Always have him return the kids to your home at least 6 hours before any appointment or obligation, and don't tell him if the kids need to be at something on time that he isn't in favor of. 

Hopefully he'll marry someone else and be too busy to take your kids often or move to a shack in Wyoming with them to be sure they don't meet any 'friends'..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Actually.. Please read my replies to WHY I did not and could not keep my children last night

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes. You knew this was going to happen, yet rather than switching nights you let it happen. If he's late to EVERYTHING why on Earth did you think he'd be on time for this?

In the grand scheme of things, its a fly on the wall and you are trying to hit it with a wet noodle. What's done is done and you getting all worked up is not going to change it. Ten years from now, your son won't care, so why should you?

stefvan
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Maybe in the future, when something is this important, you should get the kids and take them where they need to be.  I will have ripped him apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I wasn't even going to tell him about the award ceremony bc I just had a feelin he would be late.. But I had to. If he found out about it, and I wouldn't have told him, he'd tell his lawyer...

This whole sharing thing just pisses me off. It's obvious who the better parent is. It's unfortunate that I got stuck with such a selfish individual such as him..

Quoting lancet98:

I would not get that upset about it if it really has been going on that long.

Yes, he's a jerk, but unfortunately until you can get a judge to end shared custody he will be a part of your life.

THis is my rule for dealing with unreliable people:  Don't rely on them.   It's really very simple.

What I would do is NEVER rely on him to show up on time.   Always have him return the kids to your home at least 6 hours before any appointment or obligation, and don't tell him if the kids need to be at something on time that he isn't in favor of. 

Hopefully he'll marry someone else and be too busy to take your kids often or move to a shack in Wyoming with them to be sure they don't meet any 'friends'..

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Actually, whatever the reason it is not important. Its done, you're still trying to hit a fly on a wall with a wet noodle. Nothing is going to change, its still not going matter in the grand scheme of things, so working yourself up about something you knew would happen as you could've picked him up for school in the morning if you couldn't keep him last night, is not going to change anything.

it is what it is. Take some pics of your son with his award and leave it be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually.. Please read my replies to WHY I did not and could not keep my children last night

Quoting lnrmom:

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I would be ticked too. But I cannot stand being late and have little respect for people who are repeat offenders.

Df's ex wife (they have a son together) is late for everything. She can't get him to classes on time, pick him up or drop him off on time, or anything else....she also laughs to us about her work putting up with her being late all the time. It drives me INSANE.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)