Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am freaking FUMING!!!!** Am I being OVER dramatic here???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today was the awards ceremony at school. My son received Student of the Month. I was BEYOND excited to attend and see him get his award.

My ex and I Share custody, and he had the boys last night.

I arrived to the school before my ex and my boys. My ex brought the kids LATE! They arrive and I ask him, all the while rushing the kids out of his truck, why he was late. We rush in and I walk my son into the "auditorium" where the classes meet before class begins. I walk him to his class section, and he has a seat.

They had the projection screen up and were talking through the mic. The lady announces. "Oh Brycen, here is your award. We announced your name earlier, but you weren't here.."

OMG. I was livid! Not only did my ex bring him to school late, he missed his award!!

My son is 6... Yeah yeah, some might say its "no big deal", but to me.. It IS. My ex is late to EVERYTHING!!!

He was late pickin me up on our first date, and he was late to the birth of our child!!

He never wants our children to be normal children. He says they don't need friends, they only need their family. When we were married, he wanted me to homeschool them!! He doesn't want them involved in ANY type of sport, or any type of social event. He even tried to fight me in court about keeping our children out of this school.

I am so f-ing fed up, its unreal.

I told him I was pissed bc he was late.. And he just laughed in my face...

Am I being a bit dramatic here??!!

Ok. I have explained in my replies WHY I didn't just keep my sons last night, and WHY I couldn't pick them up this morning...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM

IMO you are being a little over dramatic, you know he's always late and doesnt care about things like this so why didnt you make arraignments to pick your son up this morning and drive him to school so that you can make sure he was on time? I can find fault in what BOTH of you did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have digested this mornings events. I am technically over it. He isn't going to change. And I am going to have to deal with his sorry you know what, for the rest of my life. I am going to take this with a grain of salt (is that the saying??) and move on..

Quoting lnrmom:

Actually, whatever the reason it is not important. Its done, you're still trying to hit a fly on a wall with a wet noodle. Nothing is going to change, its still not going matter in the grand scheme of things, so working yourself up about something you knew would happen as you could've picked him up for school in the morning if you couldn't keep him last night, is not going to change anything.

it is what it is. Take some pics of your son with his award and leave it be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually.. Please read my replies to WHY I did not and could not keep my children last night

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes. You knew this was going to happen, yet rather than switching nights you let it happen. If he's late to EVERYTHING why on Earth did you think he'd be on time for this?

In the grand scheme of things, its a fly on the wall and you are trying to hit it with a wet noodle. What's done is done and you getting all worked up is not going to change it. Ten years from now, your son won't care, so why should you?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

if you know he's late for everything why didn't you just pick your son up and take him?

either way he still got his award right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
He always wants to be "super dad". He would've said no. I'm 100% sure of it.
He has told me no in the past because it is HIS day

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO you are being a little over dramatic, you know he's always late and doesnt care about things like this so why didnt you make arraignments to pick your son up this morning and drive him to school so that you can make sure he was on time? I can find fault in what BOTH of you did.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Actually you could have picked him up this morning on the way to school to make sure he arrived on time, this way your ex still had them over night!

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually.. Please read my replies to WHY I did not and could not keep my children last night

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes. You knew this was going to happen, yet rather than switching nights you let it happen. If he's late to EVERYTHING why on Earth did you think he'd be on time for this?

In the grand scheme of things, its a fly on the wall and you are trying to hit it with a wet noodle. What's done is done and you getting all worked up is not going to change it. Ten years from now, your son won't care, so why should you?

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM

If he is always late and this was so important then why didn't you make arrangements to pick up your son and take him to the school on time? Then your ex could have shown up when he wanted to without making your son miss his award.

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Usually when people title their posts "am I being dramatic?" they are being very dramatic . But in this case, no. I would be super pissed off too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
No, I really couldn't have. You just don't get it..
If you knew the entire situation I am in, and knew me personally, you would understand and agree

Quoting emilysmom8:

Actually you could have picked him up this morning on the way to school to make sure he arrived on time, this way your ex still had them over night!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

He'll probably be late to his own funeral,lol!

Seriously,he's an ass.I wonder if he's deliberately doing that to piss you off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Next time tell him the time is 20 - 30 minutes before it actually is. Say he needs to be there at 11:00 am tell him it's 10:30 am.

That way if he's late, he's on time.

It really sucks he does this too you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN