Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am freaking FUMING!!!!** Am I being OVER dramatic here???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today was the awards ceremony at school. My son received Student of the Month. I was BEYOND excited to attend and see him get his award.

My ex and I Share custody, and he had the boys last night.

I arrived to the school before my ex and my boys. My ex brought the kids LATE! They arrive and I ask him, all the while rushing the kids out of his truck, why he was late. We rush in and I walk my son into the "auditorium" where the classes meet before class begins. I walk him to his class section, and he has a seat.

They had the projection screen up and were talking through the mic. The lady announces. "Oh Brycen, here is your award. We announced your name earlier, but you weren't here.."

OMG. I was livid! Not only did my ex bring him to school late, he missed his award!!

My son is 6... Yeah yeah, some might say its "no big deal", but to me.. It IS. My ex is late to EVERYTHING!!!

He was late pickin me up on our first date, and he was late to the birth of our child!!

He never wants our children to be normal children. He says they don't need friends, they only need their family. When we were married, he wanted me to homeschool them!! He doesn't want them involved in ANY type of sport, or any type of social event. He even tried to fight me in court about keeping our children out of this school.

I am so f-ing fed up, its unreal.

I told him I was pissed bc he was late.. And he just laughed in my face...

Am I being a bit dramatic here??!!

Ok. I have explained in my replies WHY I didn't just keep my sons last night, and WHY I couldn't pick them up this morning...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Not being on time to School is a huge Issue to me! My ex also thinks it's no big deal to be late to school, he and his mother also think it's perfectly acceptable to let the kids wear the same outfit two days in a row, unwashed. Washed or not I don't think it's appropriate. I finally was able to get it in my court orders that the kids do not spend the night on school nights anymore. It saved me from having to deal with him asking all the time and then calling me a bitch when I said no. He also thought it was ok for our kindergartner to miss school one day last year because his washer flooded his house. Yet he never bothered to call me and ask me to come pick her up and get her to school. Several mornings he called to ask if he could stop by and get clean clothes for our daughter because he just hasn't gotten around to doing laundry. Life is much easier now that we don't have to deal with any of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queencreekmom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM

How sad for your son! I'm sure you will make sure he knows how special it was! Too bad his dad is irresponsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM
OMG. He sounds jUST like my ex!

This morning I got Brycen out of his truck an I looke at his pants, and they were the same pants from yesterday with the same markings! That ticked me off too. Fucker can't even wash our children's clothing. Pisses me off

Quoting Mommy2Jolee:

Not being on time to School is a huge Issue to me! My ex also thinks it's no big deal to be late to school, he and his mother also think it's perfectly acceptable to let the kids wear the same outfit two days in a row, unwashed. Washed or not I don't think it's appropriate. I finally was able to get it in my court orders that the kids do not spend the night on school nights anymore. It saved me from having to deal with him asking all the time and then calling me a bitch when I said no. He also thought it was ok for our kindergartner to miss school one day last year because his washer flooded his house. Yet he never bothered to call me and ask me to come pick her up and get her to school. Several mornings he called to ask if he could stop by and get clean clothes for our daughter because he just hasn't gotten around to doing laundry. Life is much easier now that we don't have to deal with any of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM
He's late because it's not something he cares about. it's unfortunate he can't bring himself to be respectful of the fact it is important to/y'all and care enough about your feelings to be a willing participant.
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I can understand you being upset. 

Is your son upset? If you're getting upset for you yourself, then it's not worth it. If you're getting upset for your son (because he is upset), then that's different. 

I'm chronically late, but even I'm organized enough to get to important events on time, and get my children to school and important things on time. 

Aleta775
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Why did you marry such a dick weed?

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I know it   sucks but telling him over 6 times just turns it into a power struggle.  You can't make him be on time.  You can ask to pick up your son for important events or tell him an earlier time but asking him 6 times and he turns up late.  The dude is fucking with you.  

You can either "be right" or you can try and manage his sorry ass.  Never let him see you sweat.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I told him over 6 times NOT to be late.. I told him how important today was..
I told him in texts and over the phone. I spoke to him over the phone this morning, and he told me he had already left his house.. I live 15 min away from the school, he live 10. There was no reason at all why he should've been late. He was being careless.. As always..

He only cares about himself. Point blank.

Ughh.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I understand being upset, I just think you're making it a bigger deal then it is. You dated, then married a man, had children with him and knew he was always late to things. Why would today be any different? Did you call him to make sure they were running on time? Maybe gone over yourself and picked up the kids?

I have a few friends who are chronically late so we always tell them a half hour earlier then they are really needed. Try that from now on.

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM

No, you're not.  My bet?  because he knew it was important to you he was late on purpose (it might not be the case but it sure sounds like it)

Is he late taking the kids to school a lot? Get a record from the school of your child's lates and see if they correspond to your ex's visitation days.  That would work well in court to make sure he doesn't get them on school nights.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM
He does. I'm sure.

He doesn't give me CS either bc he wants me to "need" him.. And I DON'T. I would be a dumbass if I EVER went back to that jack ass.

40,000 case and we go to trial in February. I hope to God he gets what he deserves. Bastard.

He needs to learn its about his children, not me. I didn't make them on my own, ad a little help isn't too much to ask for.

He can make 150,000 a year yet he is telling the courts he is only capable of earning 10 an hour.. That's ok.. We have depositions in order.. He gonna be sorry. That's for sure

Quoting Anonymous:

He'll probably be late to his own funeral,lol!

Seriously,he's an ass.I wonder if he's deliberately doing that to piss you off.

divamom467
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Well im with you 100 percent on this matter i would be so plissed off,  dissapointed, hurt and just plain want him to fal off a mountain some where. Sorry i just can see how important a event like this is and i belive that children in these type of situations need all the positive environment possible you are a great mom and you understand the importance of promptness it also shows the child the importance as well. when i read this i was mad too i cant stand men who just dont get it im single too and i had such differences with the x.  My new years resultion is to make more friends surround your self around postive people and dont stop to teach your son the right ways of doing things. Being late is not permitted in a world like ours if we was late for everything where woudl we be? Not many apprecatie this including friends im very sorry of this situation wow im pissed with you. Sincerly understanding mom on your side 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)