Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM

i want to go back to work so hard, but its just not financially right for us... if i went back to work, i would only be able to work part time... (due to DSs disability) and working part time and day care, i would be lucky to bring home $600 a month, after taxes and daycare... for us that just doesnt make sense.

i would love to go back to work full time and work back in NYC but i cant because of DS.  so i am a SAHM for another year, and then once DD goes to K i will get a brainless PT job with flexible hours, so i can be back in time to get the kids home from school

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I was a SAHM for two years by choice/necessity. Childcare for 2 kids is insane. Both my kids are in school all day now, and my MIL retired so I went back to work in May. I would still be home if we didn't need health insurance.

beerebelly
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Because I have 4 children and lots to do at home. DH makes a good living so I am able to stay home.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I worked with my first two kids but after the twins came along I quit to be a sahm. I hated it at first and always thought the minute the kids are in school I am sooo getting me a job. But the kids are in school (have been for a few years now) and I am still at home. My husband and I decided we always wanted our kids to have a parent at school activities and at home when they leave for school and get home from school. 

I love my life. I would go back to work if I NEEDED to but if I don't NEED to, I'm not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM

My dh wanted a SAHW/SAHM I knew that when we were dating and decided I would be okay with that.

SourRoses
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I am a sahm by choice, and when my children are all in grade school I would still like to be a sahw.
I have not decided on the future yet, if anything I might have a part time job in the future.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

By choice and because it was the better option for us right now. 

winkyloafer
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Right now, I don't feel there is a choice for me to go back to work as soon as I'd wanted. Granted I do have the help, I don't want to risk messing up anyone else's schedule to watch my baby. My SO also would prefer me to stay home with her, as well. I'll go back to work soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM
It was a decision my husband and I made. He makes good money and I have my own income and we like that I'm home with my dd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I am able to stay at home and live comfortably but once dd is old enough to go to school, I will go back to work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)