Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

We think it's important to have a SAHP while the kids are young.  I wouldn't mind getting a part time job to help with the bills...and get out of this crazy house...but daycare/sitters for 4 kids is a whole 'nother problem.  I'll go to work when they're all in school.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I am a SAHM because that's what works for our family and we have 2 little girls with special needs.  So it is nice that I am able to stay at home with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Honestly its complicating....I have one child who is 6. DF works odd hrs so I cant count on him to get DS when/if he has to come home early. We have no family in the area. There for I have no babysitter ever. If I were to work it would be just for the cost of gas and afterschool care. So I am focusing on finishing my degree. That way I will have a set hr career and make more money. Then I can afford afterschool and a babysitter

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM
It was decided before we had kids that I would stay home with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
It was a decision my husband and I made. He makes good money and I have my own income and we like that I'm home with my dd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I always knew that once we had children, I would be a sahm. I'm able to do this for a few reasons. The first reason is that I saved and planned for being a sahm when I was still working. Second, I am lucky enough to have a husband with a very good career and I do not need to work. Lastly, even though I stay at home, I still love having my own money, so a couple months after my son was born, I started my own home based craft business, which has worked out very well for me.

ajrjj05
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I quit my job after 11 yrs. But.. I just started working 2 days a week, my older kids are in school, my youngest goes 2hour 45 mins a day. My husband makes enough so we don't get help that is why I am ok working 2 days a week now, next yr when my youngest goes full time I will get full time. I use to work 7:45a-3p. I am happy to be home while the kids are at school my house is cleaner, my husband is happier, my family althougher likes it. We can well afford it and that the most important thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I am a SAHM, have been for nearly 6 years. I've done odd jobs for extra money, and help my husband with our side business, but mainly have been home with the kids. I have been looking for work for a long time, but nothing has fit financially or with our schedules. Recently both kids are now in school. I have more flexibility with hours, and have been looking again for work. I have not been successful thus far. Mainly I've only made it to the interview stage with some jobs and that's been it. I have been having rough luck on the job front. I would love to make more money and take the burden off my husband who works so hard and so many long hours for not a whole lot of pay.  

luvmymunchkins3
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM
because its what best for our kids and my husband makes plenty for me to stay home and us live a nice comfortable life.if and when i want o work it would be for extra shopping money not because we need it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Stayed home with my children for 7 years. Now I am in school full time and will work when I'm done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)