Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
jgates1111
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It was a decision my husbad and i made. I was okay with getting a job after my son was born but if i did then I would pretty much use my entire paycheck to cover daycare. Also at the time there were so many bad things happenin at daycares, like children being left in cars, a fire in one that killed children, workers beating the babies, workers letting older kids beat the babies. It just freaked me out really bad and I decided he wasnt going to daycare til he was old enough to tell me what was happening. Right now i'm working 8 hours  week at a mothers day out class and my son gets to come with me.

Sarafinn2012
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Have a 3 month old baby, had a hard pregnancy, in college, don't necessarily need to work. But I think I'm going back part time just to get outta the house! :)

Nicky2911
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I want to work and we need me to but honestly the best I could get is a minimum wage job and daycare is not worth it (I refuse to leave dd with mil because she is already babysitting 3-5 babies and I don't consider it safe no matter how much shit they give me about it). I admit when I do manage to get a job I will miss being with my baby every day though it would be nice to have a designated time out of the house, a place where other grownups are, an income to contribute, ect.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Partly because of choice. I enjoy it. But also with my daughters anxiety and ASD, I often have to pick her up from school if she has an anxeity attack, and she has so many appointments with the neurologist, therapists, and psychologists, that trying to have a job at this point would be futile. I would probably be fired or at least let go for too many missed days. 

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I stay at home by choice. I hate working outside the home and plan to never do it again unless I have to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I want to be and i don't have to work

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I don't really have to work, although I'd like to, it's cheaper for me to stay home right now because of the crappy daycares in our area.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I stay home by choice. I could very well stay home but I missing working so and I'll be going back soon.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM
My choice. I don't have to work dh makes more than enough to be comfortable. I'll likely never work again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

When my first baby was born 7 years ago.. I fully planned on going back to work after maternity leave (one year). Hubby said I didn't have to, but supported my decision.

When she turned one, I couldn't leave her. So I decided to be a SAHM until she started school. Hubby supported me 100%. And he said he was relieved because he didn't want to ask me to stay home with her if I wanted to work, but really wanted her to have one parent at home instead of having a babysitter raise her while both of us worked.

Then when she was 18 months old hubby and I got baby fever and decided to get pregnant again.. and did right away. I decided to stay home until he was ready for school.

Then, about 15 months ago.. hubby and I got baby fever again! LOL - so we decided to get pregnant again and did right away. He's now 5 months old and I plan on staying home until he is ready for school. LOL

So.. I've been a SAHM for over 7 years now and will for at least another 5.  I love it. I love waking up to my children, having the time to do whatever I want, whenever I want.. I love having the freedom to go anywhere and not have to work around a schedule, etc.

And hubby loves it because when we were both working before kids we always had to work around our schedules to find time to spend together.. it sucked. Now.. we don't have to do that :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN