Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
had no choice. my middle ds needed me to stay home and care for him, now its because i want to until my youngest is in school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM
By choice. With 3 kids there's too much going on for me to have a job. I'm happy to be so involved with school and their activities
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM
By choice. I love being home and have no plans on returning to work.
XJetX
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Can't work

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I am a SAHM by choice and not needing to work. My DH makes more than enough for me to be able to stay home and we both agreed that it is better for our family for me to stay home. I have tried working before, but it was causing too much stress on our relationship. I didn't need the job, it was just for some extra money and for me to get out of the house. So I quit. That was when our oldest was 1 or 2. She is now 5. 

lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My husband and I both enjoy our single income lifestyle. 

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I never planned on being a stay-at-home mom. I was 18 when I had my son and it was practically impossible for us to afford bills as is. I went back to work when he was 8 weeks old and after 4 hours I bawled my eyes out and knew that it was just impossible to do so I went home and we talked about it for a few weeks and I ended up quitting my job and havent been back and that was February of 2007.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM
For us it happened because we had to move twice in two years for his job then I had some health issues. We moved to a town where we don't know anyone who could care for the kids and I'm not comfortable leaving them with strangers. Once we got used to it we all are happier with me not working outside the home. I have more time to take care of household matters so when DH is off work and the kids are out of school it's family time. Basically it gave us more time together and we like it.

Big difference though... I was in accounting and didn't love my job. It was ok but not something I truly enjoyed. If I loved my job I might feel different about becoming a SAHM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It's a decision my dh and I both agreed with.I also decided to homeschool our son when he got to middle school age.When that's all finished,I don't know if I'll go back to work or not.It's possible.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I became a SAHM when my oldest was born. I had a job briefly but we had to move. I got pregnant again and we both realized how much we enjoyed me being home. With my husband's work schedule it's just easier for me to be home as well. I'm blessed my husband makes enough money to give us a comfortable and happy life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN