Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
You ARE lucky your place of work has a day care. That's a huge advantage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I'm  SAHM, DH makes enough  to give us a very comfortable life.  Currently in grad school, will take CPA exams in the spring....honestly I'll have 2 under 2 and probably won't be working a lot for the next couple of years.  I am looking forward to working 5-10 hours a week from home, when kids are at school I'll probably work more from home.  I want both, so I'm grateful to have the best of both worlds.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I always knew that I would stay home with my children. It has been my dream since I was practically a baby myself. So I quit when my job when my oldest born and never looked back :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Louisianamom88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM
This

Quoting Jessy613:

I am able to stay at home and live comfortably but once dd is old enough to go to school, I will go back to work. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
i was because it worked out better with dh's schedule. it just made more sense for me to stay home. money was tight in the beginning so we didn't want to pay for child care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saintsational
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I am a stay at home mom by choice. This is what I always wanted to do. I would go back to work if I needed to though. I have my MBA and am fully capable of working. 

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I am a sahm by choice.  I don't want to go back to work while my little ones are home because *I* think this is the most important time for a child to be with their parents.  I could not imagine sending my infant off for the day in someone elses care.  I would cry all day.  I just don't understand how mothers can say " I can't stand being home with my children all day".  It blows my mind. 

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I stay home by choice.  My dh and I agreed it was best for me to stay home with our kids.  I am happy to be where I am!  I know my kids are supposed to be at home with me.  We even homeschool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I'm a SAHM because we can't afford daycare for two toddlers and we don't have reliable family to babysit. It's ddefinitely not by choice. I can't wait to go back to work.

Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I'm a SAHM by choice because my husband makes enough to support us, and kids are only little once!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN