Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why are you a SAHM?   By choice,  don't want to or have to work or don't choose to work?

I have one child and can't wait to go back to work once my maternity leave is over in 4 weeks, I am going crazy at home, I love my baby boy, but I miss the action and pace of my job, I am lucky that the hospital I work in has a day care as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (61-65):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

My son had a very bad day care experience. It forced my husband and I to rethink our priorities. :)

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't want to have a kid unless I could stay home till she went to school. It looks like my plan is working :) but I don't want to work. I miss it because I am a social person. But I hate having to do shit lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danita42
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
It was a decision we made together but he suggested it. The plan is for me for to go back to work when our son starts kindergarden.
It was hard at first since I had been working full time for a little more than 15 years but I love that I have had the chance to be a sahm.
CafeMom Tickers
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

By choice. I was single for the first  2.5 years (and most my pregnancy) of DS's life. Went into labor at my desk and returned to work 4 weeks later. When Dh and I got engaged he was offered a job out of state. We rushed the wedding so we could have it near family and friends then moved 1200 miles away. We decided that we could live off of just his income for this last year before DS starts Kinder (he will be 5 in February) maybe longer.. then I'll get back to working, unless I need to sooner. 

TB78
by Tasha on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM
i'm a sahm by choice and because dh works two jobs so i can stay home to keep the house clean and to take care of ds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)