Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I sent my daughter 5, to school with a 101.5 temp.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She worked hard to get to be part of a fun day at school today. So I let her decide if she wanted to go. She wanted to. I told her if she felt bad tell teacher and go to the nurse and I would come pick her up.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (231-240):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I asked several pages ago why did daycares and schools have policies stating if your child has a fever keep them home if there was nothing wrong with sending them in. nobody answered lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok doctor...show me a school that will say it is ok to have a child there with a 101.5 degree fever.  Also, you are still contagious and probably even more so when the fever is present.  And maybe this child did not sit next to Betty with a lowered immune system or David who has plans to go to a sleepover this weekend 3 to 7 days ago.  I find it sad that people are actually finding ways to make it ok to send a child to school with a moderate-high fever.

Quoting Anonymous:

I find it more irresponsible that a majority of these parents don't know the basics about sickness! It takes a cold or flu 3-7 days after exposure to illness to show symptoms. If the child only woke up with a fever this morning, she's been contagious for the past 3-7 days...so that blows all your theory's about infecting others now that she has a fever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Mothers like you disgust me.  At this time of the year, when a kid has a fever, it's probably something contageous.  You risk getting the entire class, and multiple families sick when you send your child to school with a fever.  The kids get sick, get their siblings sick, then the parents, and then it spreads to the offices where the parents work.  Pertussis is going around, as is strep, stomach flu, and all other kinds of disgusting things.  People who have more than one child can wind up with sick infants because of irresponsible parents like you.  

It's against most schools' rules for good reason!

invisibleme
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My kid has been out of school for 3 days with a fever lower than that. What I thought was a basic cold on top of one of his migraines was diagnosed as the flu. I would keep my kid home for the sake of letting them get the rest they needed not even having to think of the other kids. No matter what was going on at school a sick child just won't get the same experience if she was well. Fun yet miserable equals not much fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RAJ88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

children have parents for a reason they cant make responsible choices... there are other kids at school that are at risk of being infected by your child

Schleetle
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM
My sons got sick the week before Christmas break last year. It sucked that they missed their world holidays party at school, but that's part of life. If you're sick you stay home. I rented them a movie, and made hot chocolate instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
good for you for getting all the other kids sick, you rock!
Momma182
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM
That's nice of you to judge me when you don't know me.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I think you are. LOL.

Quoting Momma182:

No really. I'm not stupid. 

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Did you know even when a child DOESN'T have a fever, they can still get your kids sick? LOL. PIAB my arse.

Quoting Momma182:

Wow. You must have your panties in a bunch. Because a fever like that they shouldn't be in school

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Oh fuck, your kids can't NEVER get fucking sick, jesus goddamn christ.

Quoting Momma182:

Your the reason other kids get sick. You should have kept her home and not had her make the decision

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

She's home now you guys can simmer down :0). She's relaxing on her giant bear with her boogie wipes and OJ. Her temp is 100.1 now

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I've done the same. Couldn't say no to a 6yo that got dressed and ready for school in less time than it took me to pee.
disneymom2two
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

That sucks.  One of my students came to school sick because it was supposed to be a fun day.  About 15 minutes into the day, she was puking and shivering.  Her mom's reply when we called was"I asked if she wanted to go.  She threw up this morning but she still wanted to."  Be a frigging parent and learn how to say "Yes that sucks that you're going to have to miss (insert whatever fun activity it is) but you are sick and you can't go."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured