Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F***! I just got his denial...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We don't qualify or Medicaid for ds so I applied for CHIP. I just got the denial saying we make too much!
Now we have to pay $400+ per month for private insurance! I don't know what to do, we CANNOT afford that!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

my plans are none of your business. My point is stop acting like you foot the bills personally. You are not that damn special nor important.
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM

We pay almost a grand a month for private insurance, ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I read it. And still voted for Obama. And I live in mass where Romney implemented it.

It works great btw.

But it is amusing to see how many people don't get that we pay an inordinate amount for healthcare that is ineffective.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I voted for Obama, that is their own fault for not actually reading the legislation. The information is not hidden or being lied about. People are just too lazy to do research.

Quoting Destiny907:

EVERYONE is going to be in the SAME boat, thanks OBAMA.. seriously, people were insane to vote him in .

We are barely making it, too- we even had to BORROW money against the house this past year to pay the *^%P Taxes.... there IS NO more money each month for health insurance! NONE.  We also cannot afford another 4 or 5 hundred a month.

We are going to see things get a lot worse for a lot of people right now... and taxes are going UP!

You know, I talked to a lot of folks who thought Obama care was going to mean TAX funded FREE care like Canada and some Euro countries have.... they did not realize they were going to be made into criminals for NOT buying insurance!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM
And you act like everyone should get a handout. Awesome. You pay for them. I'm for measures that have them paying for themselves.

Cut the op a check. She needs $4800 this year and until all her kids are 18.

How very giving of you! Cheers!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

my plans are none of your business. My point is stop acting like you foot the bills personally. You are not that damn special nor important.

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

lol, I think I have...

What research are you speaking of that you've done?

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't done your research.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Right.

I think they are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but check out the numbers. Their profits are NOT being driven by domestic healthcare markets.

Quoting LectioDivina:

And the reason non payers can't afford it is because the Prices are driven up 800% above cost. MUCH more than is needed to cover non-payers...

Insurance companies and hospitals alike are seeing record profits right now... Profits that don't come from them being broke and having to up the price for everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

And my insurance costs are directly related to the cost of care.... Which is driven up by non payers.

As are my taxes.

I don't have to have any sympathy for people who are irresponsible. Most PA recipients I know have cigarettes and beer. Most have meat. Most have cars. Time to prioritize.

And honestly, I think that is much more sane than taking away their kids and sending them to debtor's prison when they can't pay. Or letting kids die because their parents are irresponsible.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Sweetie, you buying insurance doesnt mean that you are paying other peoples health care costs. You are paying for YOUR (and anyone you put on your insurance) health care. that is not a bill saying "hey people didnt pay for their ER visit, so here is the bill".

And once you pay your taxes that money is no longer yours. That is like going to the store and buying an apple then saying you pay their wages.  That money is not yours once they take it out of your check.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Oh that would be so awesome of her! How giving! He's only 1 so there's 17 years!

Quoting Anonymous:

And you act like everyone should get a handout. Awesome. You pay for them. I'm for measures that have them paying for themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I've actually worked in insurance. Have you?

Quoting LectioDivina:

lol, I think I have...

What research are you speaking of that you've done?

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't done your research.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Right.

I think they are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but check out the numbers. Their profits are NOT being driven by domestic healthcare markets.

Quoting LectioDivina:

And the reason non payers can't afford it is because the Prices are driven up 800% above cost. MUCH more than is needed to cover non-payers...

Insurance companies and hospitals alike are seeing record profits right now... Profits that don't come from them being broke and having to up the price for everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

And my insurance costs are directly related to the cost of care.... Which is driven up by non payers.

As are my taxes.

I don't have to have any sympathy for people who are irresponsible. Most PA recipients I know have cigarettes and beer. Most have meat. Most have cars. Time to prioritize.

And honestly, I think that is much more sane than taking away their kids and sending them to debtor's prison when they can't pay. Or letting kids die because their parents are irresponsible.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Sweetie, you buying insurance doesnt mean that you are paying other peoples health care costs. You are paying for YOUR (and anyone you put on your insurance) health care. that is not a bill saying "hey people didnt pay for their ER visit, so here is the bill".

And once you pay your taxes that money is no longer yours. That is like going to the store and buying an apple then saying you pay their wages.  That money is not yours once they take it out of your check.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
It's a Christmas miracle!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh that would be so awesome of her! How giving! He's only 1 so there's 17 years!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM

yea you make too much, sorry :(  I know that sucks!

Quoting Anonymous:

40-41k.

Quoting Anonymous:

CHIP is a hard one to get but if you make too much then you should qualify for medicaid

how much do you make? if its more than 30K thats too much for medicaid, unfortunately

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I agree. I think they are doing it wrong but its a start.

The government will pay 100% of costs for the expansion of medicaid and anyone subsidized through an exchange for THREE YEARS. so the stsrted turning down the exchange option are just doing it to say they don't agree with it at all not for financial reasons.

After three years they HAVE to make one anyways on their dime. So they are just fucking over their residents by saying no.

Its sad to me to see someone with free for life government healthcare including dental and vision with no copays FOREVER saying their citizens aren't worth their own lives or tax money.

Its even sadder that stupid people choose to be ignorant on the real bill.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

i did too. there's some things i don't agree with, but, for the most part, it's a great bill.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

No. They won't.

Only people who live in states with retarded governments and refuse to create an exhange will have this problem.

Research before you spew inaccurate closed minded conservative bullshit.

And before you come at me read all 700+ pages of the healthcare bill.

I did.

Ignorance is not bliss.

Quoting Destiny907:

EVERYONE is going to be in the SAME boat, thanks OBAMA.. seriously, people were insane to vote him in .

We are barely making it, too- we even had to BORROW money against the house this past year to pay the *^%P Taxes.... there IS NO more money each month for health insurance! NONE.  We also cannot afford another 4 or 5 hundred a month.

We are going to see things get a lot worse for a lot of people right now... and taxes are going UP!

You know, I talked to a lot of folks who thought Obama care was going to mean TAX funded FREE care like Canada and some Euro countries have.... they did not realize they were going to be made into criminals for NOT buying insurance!!!!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)