Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whyyyyy??** Christmas Post!! OPEN!!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
Why put present under the tree BEFORE Christmas instead of the night before Christmas?

Does that make any sense? Santa is SUPPOSED to bring presents on Christmas Eve.. Not in November.. Or the middle if December.. That takes all the fun away for the kids.. Dontcha think??

What would the kids think??!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Some presents from Mom and Dad are put under the tree every so many days.. the kids love seeing the presents slowly pile up :)

Also, when friends and family stop by before Xmas, they put presents under the tree for us, too.

On Xmas Eve when the kids are in bed we put out the rest of the presents from Mom and Dad.. and also Santa's presents and fill the stockings.

I loved having presents to shake and look at and guess what's inside throughout the month of December when I was a kid. So did hubby. So we decided to do the same for our kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Trueeee :) now THAT makes sense..

I just don't get when parents put ALL the presents out??

Quoting danie24:

Some presents from Mom and Dad are put under the tree every so many days.. the kids love seeing the presents slowly pile up :)

Also, when friends and family stop by before Xmas, they put presents under the tree for us, too.

On Xmas Eve when the kids are in bed we put out the rest of the presents from Mom and Dad.. and also Santa's presents and fill the stockings.

I loved having presents to shake and look at and guess what's inside throughout the month of December when I was a kid. So did hubby. So we decided to do the same for our kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I think its harder on the kids to see all thoese presents and thinking if there maybe is the toy inside that they wanted

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Not all presents are from Santa. Some are ours, and family members out of state. My kids love seeing them under the tree and have never messed with them.

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Not everyone does Santa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maass1981
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

The presents under our tree prior to christmas eve are not from santa.  They are from mom and dad or from one child to another.

mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We don't put presents under the tree at all, until Christmas Eve.  My kids would open them if we did. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I never heard of anyone doing that.

Especially if they play Santa...

Quoting Anonymous:

Trueeee :) now THAT makes sense..

I just don't get when parents put ALL the presents out??

Quoting danie24:

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Because mom and dad buy presents for christmas too. Santa leaves unwrapped presents and stocking stuffers Christmas night

edelweiss23
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM
We have always put the presents under the tree. My kids(now ages 7 and 9) have never touched them.
They love rearranging them once or twice a week though, which is allowed if they ask first. They have never unwrapped any of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)