Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, would you consider me a teen mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have always wondered if by society's opinion I am/was a teen mom. I got pregnant at 18 in the second semester of my senior year. I had a preemie 3 weeks after I graduated high school. I never had to juggle going to school, caring for my baby, and funding for daycare or babysitting while I attended school all day. I went from being a high school graduate directly to mom. So would you consider me a teen mom or just a young mother?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (121-124):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Not true. The brain is not even able to function at a "mature" enough level. Sure they can pretend but in reality their brains are not fully capable of complete function. It is scientific fact that the brain does not fully develop until about 24 years of age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Psychologically and sociologically early/young adulthood starts at age 18. Yes, adolescence lasts through age 19 but what specifically classifies a teen mom?

Maturity level is subjective and is different based on the individual, not the person's age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe it's because you don't realize that 18 and 19 year olds are still teenagers. I'm not trying to be mean but come on. it IS a pretty dumb question. Would you "consider" yourself a teen mom or did you think you were more mature. Like a 20 year old?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why am I a dumbass?

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh yes dumbass.

LadyBug1990
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
That's like my story but not preemie. Graduated and married in June, had my daughter in November, turned 19 in December. I was always pretty mature and when people saw me they thought I was like 25. It makes you grow up fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM
You were a teen when you had your child therefore yes.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I'm not sure. At 18 you are legally an adult so just because 18 has teen in it doesn't really make you a teen because by law you are an adult.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)