Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PLEASE! Get my kid sick!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Am I the only one who doesnt get all pissy and mad at other sick children when my children get sick too?

Why do people fail to realize that getting colds, flus, etc., are actually good for us in the long run? It strengthens our immune systems in a natural way. I just dont get why people are so scared of germs, this is probably why other people get so sick easliy. And I am not talking about germs like AIDS or anything life-threatening. Im talking about colds and flus. The common sicknesses.

I was the youngest of six. I was always sick as a kid- but now as an adult, I am rarely ever sick. In fact, I cant even remember the last time I had a bad cold.

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Well, more power to you if you like cleaning up puke and poop. No one LIKES for their kids to be sick unless they're a psycho. Ok, so it strengthens their immune system. It's still hard to see them suffer (and a pain in the ass with clean up).

lilblu399
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I don't flip when my kids get sick. They don't have any health issues so I'm cool. I do try to prevent germs in a sane way like making sure hands are cleaned and no cup sharing, but I won't flip if a kid sneezes near mine.

I remember every summer getting sick and now if I do it's only for like a day or less. My whole household has a stuffy nose, mine is the only one that cleared up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate when my kids are sick...they are like little men, whinny and bitchy. No thank you.

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Maybe because i hate seeing then so helpless and pathetic looking. It breaks my heart when they feel bad. Not too mention my youngest two were preemies and it takes them forever to get over anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Okay good, so we agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, more power to you if you like cleaning up puke and poop. No one LIKES for their kids to be sick unless they're a psycho. Ok, so it strengthens their immune system. It's still hard to see them suffer (and a pain in the ass with clean up).

Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I generally agree.  It's never even ocurred to me to get all pissy at someone else when my kids come down with some benign illness.  I do, however, find it irresponsible of parents who send their obviously sick kids to school.  Not only are you knowingly spreding germs, but your kid is sick!  Let them stay home and rest, so they can improve much quicker.  I know, I know, jobs...but it's part of being a parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)