Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The kid down the street has Chicken Pox!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think I will take my kids down there after school.

1 Kid is past the contagious stage

2 My kids have already had them

3 Poor kid is bored out of his mind and I think his mom is going to snap.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (41-45):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Did he have the chicken pox vaccine? You can also have a very minor case of chicken pox and never know it.

The only reason why my mom knew my sister had chicken pox was bc I had them. She had the tiniest rash, no fever and hardly itchy.

My friends son had shingles, no chicken pox. But he had chicken pox vaccine. Many are finding if they had the vaccine they can now get shingles.

Quoting Anonymous:

To get natural immunity, of course.

ETA - my BIL never had chicken pox and still got shingles.

Quoting CABZS:

Why would you want your kid to get them.

I wish I had never had them, ended up with shingles bc I had chicken pox!

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to find someone who has the chicken pox in my area so my kids can get it. So far, no luck. Nobody I know has it. Last year there were a couple kids but I missed that opportunity :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM

This is true.  Indeed, we are going to see more and more of it, later in life when it IS more serious, because of all the overvaccination of children today.  The CP vaccine is partularly ineffective.  So what does the CDC do?  Require MORE boosters.  Duh.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing deadly about chickenpox, it's just a nuisance for people who can't take a day off of work.  Hope your kids have fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Yes, more boosters instead of the kids just getting the CP once and then immune for life. There is just no profit in that though. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

This is true.  Indeed, we are going to see more and more of it, later in life when it IS more serious, because of all the overvaccination of children today.  The CP vaccine is partularly ineffective.  So what does the CDC do?  Require MORE boosters.  Duh.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing deadly about chickenpox, it's just a nuisance for people who can't take a day off of work.  Hope your kids have fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I do not think so. According to him, no.

I have heard that about the vaccine.

Quoting CABZS:

Did he have the chicken pox vaccine? You can also have a very minor case of chicken pox and never know it.

The only reason why my mom knew my sister had chicken pox was bc I had them. She had the tiniest rash, no fever and hardly itchy.

My friends son had shingles, no chicken pox. But he had chicken pox vaccine. Many are finding if they had the vaccine they can now get shingles.

Quoting Anonymous:

To get natural immunity, of course.

ETA - my BIL never had chicken pox and still got shingles.

Quoting CABZS:

Why would you want your kid to get them.

I wish I had never had them, ended up with shingles bc I had chicken pox!

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to find someone who has the chicken pox in my area so my kids can get it. So far, no luck. Nobody I know has it. Last year there were a couple kids but I missed that opportunity :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Vaccines kill and injure too. Your point is?

Quoting Anonymous:

Complications from Chicken Pox can be deadly my DH's former boss loss a dd to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN