Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naturopath doctor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone been to one?   What can I expect on my first visit?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Anyone?

Sj218
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I used to see a naturopath all the time.  I am admitedly a little jaded and no longer see him, so take my experience with a grain of salt.  It seamed like every ailment was explained by an alergy to something else.  Yes, I have severe allergies, but I'm not allergic to EVERYTHING.  For instance he tested and told me I was allergic to airplane exhaust... What?  I don't live near an airport, so what am I supposed to do about that?  Live in a bubble?  He also tested and said I was allergic to the ink used on newsprint.  What the hell?  Just seamed stupid after a while.  All of my issues were supposed to be changed by altering my diet (no sugar, no wheat, no yeast, no dairy, no red meat.... what am I?  A freaking rabbit?)

After years of work and crazy medicines that were the nastiest thing I've ever had to consumed, I later found out that I have lupus.  The problem is a little bigger than just allergies.  Some of the dietary changes helped, but most of it was just BS and made my life more difficult rather than helping with the symptoms.

Just be aware and open minded.  If you feel like its BS, then don't do it.  The naturopath that I went to may have been a quack... I have no idea...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.  I have never heard of an allergy to airplaine exhaust before that does seem very dumb. I hope your lupus is under control now.

Quoting Sj218:

I used to see a naturopath all the time.  I am admitedly a little jaded and no longer see him, so take my experience with a grain of salt.  It seamed like every ailment was explained by an alergy to something else.  Yes, I have severe allergies, but I'm not allergic to EVERYTHING.  For instance he tested and told me I was allergic to airplane exhaust... What?  I don't live near an airport, so what am I supposed to do about that?  Live in a bubble?  He also tested and said I was allergic to the ink used on newsprint.  What the hell?  Just seamed stupid after a while.  All of my issues were supposed to be changed by altering my diet (no sugar, no wheat, no yeast, no dairy, no red meat.... what am I?  A freaking rabbit?)

After years of work and crazy medicines that were the nastiest thing I've ever had to consumed, I later found out that I have lupus.  The problem is a little bigger than just allergies.  Some of the dietary changes helped, but most of it was just BS and made my life more difficult rather than helping with the symptoms.

Just be aware and open minded.  If you feel like its BS, then don't do it.  The naturopath that I went to may have been a quack... I have no idea...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN